Still cannt decide !

What to go in the tank ?

• A full Malawi Cichlid tank

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • A full planted tank with Angels and other schooling fish

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Or something totaly diffrent , Your choice .

Votes: 27 33.8%

• Total voters

djarmstrong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2008
England
I think i still would still go with Angels over Discus tho . But still cannt make my mind up over what type of tank to setup .

Please carry on voting and suggesting other setups for me , please .

djarmstrong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2008
England
Aqua Doctor;3020583; said:
Assorted fancy goldfish might be a option thats enjoyable for all.
Sorry already got a outside pond full of large Goldfish another large outside pond full of Koi and a small tank with a few fancy Golfish in it , looking for more tropical fish but something i done have al ready .

Also , just to let you know the filter would be 1 Fx5 , Sub' would be ever sand or very small/ fine Pea Gravel and lighting i think i will be using one of my Arcadia Overtank Luminaire Freshwater T8 lights.

One of these - http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/acatalog/arcadialuminair1.jpg

andyjs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2008
Ohio
I like the planted idea. A group of angels, a couple nice shoals of tetras (I really like cardinals), some cories and rams and/or apistos for the bottom, then maybe some otos or a couple small pleco species. When I have a free tank 4' or bigger, this is what I plan on doing

djarmstrong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2008
England
Yer - Angels , Clown Pleco , Rams , Some sort of Tetra , Barbs . Maybe a school of Corys or Loaches .

If i went with the full Malawi of it would be a full mixture of them ( not sure which ones yet ) .

But then if i went with something totaly diffrent , i would like something diffrent then the SA and CA fish i already have now . ( Silver Arowana , Oscar , Black Belt Cichlid , Jaguar Cichlid , Jack Dempsy , Port Acara , Silver Dolars and Common Pleco ) but somthing that would not out grow the tank and could stay in they for life

and would have to be more than just one fish , my Mum and Dad have told me ) .

peaches

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2005
A Biotope!

Something like Southeast Asian with barbs, gouramis, loaches, rasboras

Or South America, Angels, tetras, corydoras, otos or other algae eaters

Groups of sparkling little tetras with big gorgeous angels parading through while groups of little cories are rooting around on the bottom would be lovely. :popcorn:

djarmstrong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2008
England
peaches;3021026; said:
A Biotope!

Something like Southeast Asian with barbs, gouramis, loaches, rasboras

Or South America, Angels, tetras, corydoras, otos or other algae eaters

Groups of sparkling little tetras with big gorgeous angels parading through while groups of little cories are rooting around on the bottom would be lovely. :popcorn:
Thanks for the idea about the Gourami , but i have had a semi planted tank full of all diffrent types of the smaller Gourami in the past and want something diffrent .

i had the tank setup with right back corner full of the taller/ bushier plants then going downwards with medium too smaller plants ending up with about 1/2 the tank with plants and 1/2 without full of Silver , Moonlight , Pearl , Banded , Dwarf , Blue , Golden , and a couple of other Speices of Gourami along with Spear Tetra , Corys ( i love Corys ! The way they school together and swim about looking for food all day and push the bigger fish about ) , Glass Catfish and a couple of other types of fish . So i dont think ill would get Gouramis any more . Thanks anyways :)

I think i am , also my Mum and Dad are kind of swaying towards the Planted Angel tank but please still vote and give suggestions on other fish i could get , have a think and show my Mum and Dad . But then saying that i do love the Look of a a tank full of Malawi Cichlids , and because my Mum keeps saying i am not alaod another tank yet i cannt do both the the Angel and Malawi tanks so i can only pick one of them , unless someone suggests some other fish i could pick instaed . :nilly:

I know its my choice on what i do with the tank when i do start the tank but i do like other peoples input so i can have a look about on the 'Net and in my LFS's and then i might/ could change my mind and possible get a better tank out of all your suggestions . :)

Citrinellus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
I both keep and breed Angelfish and discus. They both have personalities like all other cichlids. If you want something easier to maintain, I would go for some Angels, cardinal tetras, maybe a small school of corydoras, and a bristlenose pleco.

djarmstrong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2008
England
If it was something totaly diffrent , what would you all suggest ?

Something that will live in the tank for life . Because i mostly wont be able to upgrade , unless it was a fish tank can go in the pond i am currently building for my Silver Arowana and Oscar . about 700+ Gals maybe a little more or a little less .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store