Still no answers.

Justin Holland

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2016
MARYLAND
Can you post actual water parameters. Not just "fine or good". To me, it sounds like what you're describing is decaying food or waste. Cichlids require larger waterchanges than 25%, usually.
For JD pair, I would do at least 50% weekly.

Reactions: xraycer

Lil g

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2016
My ph is 7.5.. It comes out my tap at 7.4...my ammonia is 0 my nitrites are 0 and my nitrates are 5..55 gallon tank

Lil g

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2016
Idk but I know it's gone now and I have far bigger problems then that lol.... I found out my fish may all be infected with velvet.. I don't know much about it.. And my boyfriend is convinced we don't have it....

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Idk but I know it's gone now and I have far bigger problems then that lol.... I found out my fish may all be infected with velvet.. I don't know much about it.. And my boyfriend is convinced we don't have it....
Treating for it won't HURT anything, better to get the jump on things early before it gets deep-seeded and is harder to get rid of. From what I understand velvet will affect eggs and irritate the fish....I assume the less movement they make, the less irritating it is, which might explain the lethargy.

Any tell-tale signs of infection besides lethargy and loss of appetite? Clamped fins, strange spots, etc?

Lil g

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2016
Treating for it won't HURT anything, better to get the jump on things early before it gets deep-seeded and is harder to get rid of. From what I understand velvet will affect eggs and irritate the fish....I assume the less movement they make, the less irritating it is, which might explain the lethargy.

Any tell-tale signs of infection besides lethargy and loss of appetite? Clamped fins, strange spots, etc?
Oh ya, rubbing of everything, heavy breathing, not eating, hiding, sunken to the ground. All the signs of ich but no white spots until someone told me to turn my light off in aquarium and look with a bright light and I did... Now it's a little confusing to me cuz it's ok jack dempseys so they are already goldish colored.. But my silver dollars are only have silver and the whole top Is gold.

Screenshot_2016-02-19-20-01-29.png

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
if you have spotted silver dollars they have a goldish tint to them. if i were on my other laptop id show you what mine looked like.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Oh ya, rubbing of everything, heavy breathing, not eating, hiding, sunken to the ground. All the signs of ich but no white spots until someone told me to turn my light off in aquarium and look with a bright light and I did... Now it's a little confusing to me cuz it's ok jack dempseys so they are already goldish colored.. But my silver dollars are only have silver and the whole top Is gold.

View attachment 1166607
yea like I said, treating won't HURT if they don't have it, but you want to ID what it is 1st. Treating a parasite with Fungal medicine or vice versa won't HELP anything

Lil g

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2016
Ya they are spotted silver dollars... So Its like how am I ever supposed to know if they have it... Along with my Convicts also have gold on them

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store