Still no answers.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I am leary of jumping back in this, that being said, can you do a nitrate test for me? thats the favor i was going to ask, but this time, on the nitrate test, bottle number 2 i want you to shake the pee out of it for a good 2 minutes, beat it on a desk, just wack the pee out of it for 2 minutes before adding the 10 drop to the test vile.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
then post the reading.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
that jack dempsey looks healthy.

what does google say are symptoms of velvet. like i said, I've only death with it a handful of times. i do know that velvet is textured. its not a gold sheen if thats what you're seeing.

Lil g

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2016
Thats not a very good picture it's all I could get at the moment

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I would run a coarse of kanaplex after a water change, do not use MG or MB in your tank, a bath in Mb is fine, but not to be added to the tank, its a broad spectrum and will kill your bio filter. Kanaplex will not hurt your bio filter and is fish safe.

this would be my first course of action. treat all tanks,

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
have you checked the temperature of the water with a second thermometer? I've had heaters malfunction and send a tank to 90 degrees. that or the heater is not heating and temp is really low. fish will act weird in weird temps.

i don't know if this has been asked and answered yet but have you noticed if their poop is white and stringy? internal parasites are more common than velvet ime.

but assuming they're just being brats....they're a decent size. a week with out eating won't hurt them. two weeks without eating won't hurt them lol.
if i were you i would not do a water change for the week, your nitrates are low enough to where you can do that. keep conducting business around the tank as you normally would. but don't stop turning off the lights. turn them on and off as your normally would. leaving them off for a few days then turning them back on after not having them on might freak them out.
after 3 or 4 days try feeding them something that aren't pellets. i mentioned mysis shrimp earlier because I've had a ton of success with it when it comes to picky eaters. so toss a mysis shrimp in a cup of tank water, let it thaw out, pour it into the tank and watch from a distance.
this is what i would do if the fish were showing no visible signs of illness.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store