The fish are here, pay up or they'll be gone! 07/27/2013

fish042099

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2011
Northern N.J.
Everyone was too busy looking at the interms they didnt notice the blackberries lol

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
They grow fast as well Fram. Mine went from 2" to almost 4" in about two months. :)
Without a doubt. My Blackberries growth is much faster than my M. Fasciatus. In another two months they will probably catch them if not surpass them.

4wheelvfr

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
Southern Illinois
Do we have a species name for the blackberries? I've heard from some that they are actually a cross and not a true sp. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Just curious and sorry if that's a bit of a threadjack Wes. Great fish as usual! Seeing those Intermedias is very exciting.

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
the blackberries are purportedly a hybrid, but nobody knows the combination, its a closely guarded secret.

As for all the offerings on the clownloaches and intermedia., on both fish, I was planning on keeping them, but also wanted to see how people would reach to them, and I'm sorry if I've offended some people in my response, or not selling to them. I would like you all to think along the same way that I'm thinking.

cichla intermedia, these are the only 5 juvenile in the country right now, and probably the only ones in the US, or in most hobbyists tanks around the world. Compare that to an Asian arowana which there are probably tens of thousands, probably over 1000 just in the US or more, which still commands thousands for a nice red or gold.

Chromobotia macracanthus, clown loach, when was the last time you've seen a 12" specimen? There are 2-3 members with 1 individual fish, most take 20 years and cannot achieve this size. In the wild, anything over 7" is banned from export. There are again, probably less than a handful in this country in this size range.

All things are based on supply and demand., about 7 years ago, I had datnoid pulcher, yes, wide bars for sale at $40.00 each, remember? They sold fast, but I had plenty. Now, at $500.00 I couldn't find one, and if I did, I could sell as many as you can find.

If one day I have 100 twelve inch clown loaches, sure I can sell them at $150 each. Also remember, shipping such a big loach, is 2 fish per big box, which costs about $250.00 per box from Asia.

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
The one difference in your comparison though, is that 12" clown loaches can be found, maybe not easily, and maybe not for a long time, but they can be found. Same goes with the intermedia. You may have the only 5 now, but do you doubt that will change? They are out there and it's a matter of getting your hands on them and they will become just as common as the latest cichla trend/craze whatever you want to call it. Pulchers, cannot be found as easily or at all compared to the other 2. The pulcher population has declined over 90% over the past 2 decades and perhaps even more. You can offer $2000 and still come away empty handed. That being said, you are the only vendor on here that continually brings in fish of this caliber and rarity and you truly are a hobbyist to the extreme.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store