PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
My friend! You have changed the game!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Thank you :D

Awesome set up bro! How big is that BGK?
Thanks, he's around the 10" mark plus or minus an inch, he doesn't stay still in the open to often so I just have to eyeball it.

Thanks again to everyone for looking!

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
Its hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like you have a hoplarchus psittacus (true parrot)? I just picked one of these up and love it. He is quickly turning into one of my favorite fish.
Yep, that's Abe; they are definitely awesome fish from my experience. He is super chill for the most part (on par with Severum behavior) and very attractive.

Super cool!
Thanks again :D

nimahs

Gambusia
Apr 21, 2011
Severna Park, Md
I just found this thread and I had to read it all the way through. Your tank is gorgeous! Also, how do you come up with all those names for your fish? I only have one named fish, a silver dollar named Waldo because he's always hiding. You should put a little plaque up on the aquarium with their names, so visitors know whose home they're looking at.

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
I just found this thread and I had to read it all the way through. Your tank is gorgeous! Also, how do you come up with all those names for your fish? I only have one named fish, a silver dollar named Waldo because he's always hiding. You should put a little plaque up on the aquarium with their names, so visitors know whose home they're looking at.
Thank you for the compliment! As far as naming the fish is concerned; I usually base it off of looks and/or attitude. Every once in a while its because of their trade name as well.

It's funny you mentioned the plaque, I debated prining out an 8x10 with pics, trade names, scientific names and pet names to hang beside the tank but decided against it.

Thanks again :D

Osca

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2013
keller
just went through the entire post, its always inspiring to see such builds....its an obsession...excellent setup... thumbs up and hats off...:D

But just one thing, why the fake plants :cry:

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
just went through the entire post, its always inspiring to see such builds....its an obsession...excellent setup... thumbs up and hats off...:D

But just one thing, why the fake plants :cry:
Thank you very much for the kind words! :)

As far as the fake plants go-

Underwater: Because adding real ones would be an exercise in futility; my current stock would never allow real plants to survive for any length of time. I like my current stock too much now to worry about adding them (real plants) but in the future if I play musical fish tanks and move enough stock around, I may consider it.

Above water: You can call that rushing to get the tank up. I had considered adding sufficient aquaponic shelving at and around the back water fall for large flowers to grow naturally. I skipped this step to save a little time and cash, ease my maintenance and allow me to chage up my background on the cheap (although I haven't changed it yet).

On a side note: My real above water plants are doing awesome and I plan on replacing most of the small greenery in the waterfall with my pothos before long and maybe even adding a couple of my baskets in areas closer to the waterfall... Of course I say these things and I have yet to really finish the stand, lol. I still have another tank I'm working on and a list of other projects that eat up a lot of my extra time and money but I'm having fun, so no complaints ;)

Thanks again for looking everybody! :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store