The insanity has begun... My 345 SA/CA Build thread

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
Thanks for all the comments everyone! :)

I am hoping to get water in this thing by Sunday, that would be including: getting the plants on the back wall up and new vertical wood trim in place as well and doing a quick scape with my new driftwood and deco; I'll have to wait to finish the scape until all of my other tanks are empty.

It looks like I may be shimming the stand as well, there seems to be a 1/8" drop from left to right. I thought about leaving it be because the tank and stand are flush to the floor but I know this is something that will most likeley start to bother me over time. Am I nuts? Once it was full of water I do not believe you would be able to tell.

Fingers crossed for new pics on Sunday.

shiv

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2006
india
Fabulous. Do keep the pictures coming in.

Sent from my GT-I5801 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mowgli and co

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2011
Norfolk
wow amazing keep up the good work its looking awesome

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
Well my new experience just goes to show, that even with a test fill, tanks can still leak.

It's 3am now and I am sitting here typing this as my sump pump drains my tank after its maiden fill. I was hoping to get it filled tonight (started kind of late) but decided it was best if I went ahead and filled and got the filters running, so all I had to do tomorrow was scape the tank.

Hopefully this doesn't turn into an over budget un-finishable project and just a little silicone will fix it right up.

Let you know how it goes on Monday, after the new seal has 24 hours to dry and I test fill again. :(

HackJob

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
NH
this looks incredible, like a professional install. Are you worried about humidity? With the water running over that tall piece I imagine there would be quite a bit of evaporation. Will there be some sort of enclosure to prevent suishicide?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store