The ]v[onster has begun!!

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
not a tank. its a caiman enclosure. it does have 2 ponds, one 110gallon and a 50(?) gallon pond.
UPDATE!! almost got the floor all put in. had to add some more supportes underneith and another on top. flooring is 3/4 osb the same stuff that most people have thier floor done with. would have finished but had an "issue" with the saw. lol.
prob gonna put water sealent on the flooring then gonna paint on rustoleum bed liner. anybody heard anything bad about it? cant find anything bad. 40 bucks a gallon comparred to 100 a gallon for herculiner and from stuff i have read they say its just as tuff. more resillient than plastic.:headbang2Hopefully will have my friend to bring his saw to cut out for the ponds. Gotta wait on a shipment of luan to do the walls and roof. also have to put in the windows before we put in the walls.:headbang2

IMG_4513.JPG

IMG_4514.JPG

kenC56

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2008
Las Vegas
Just watch out when applying liner. I used the stuff in my garage and my whole house stunk. So make sure it is very well ventilated. My wife was mad for a week.

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
good point man. ill have to do that especially since my wife is prego. any odor when dried?

warderkous

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2009
Port Hueneme, CA
So what are you building a tank or some kind of enclosure for reptiles? If it is an aquarium what are the dimensions?

snakeguy101

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
posting bail
warderkous;3628064; said:
So what are you building a tank or some kind of enclosure for reptiles? If it is an aquarium what are the dimensions?
read before you post. Its going to be a crocodilian. either a caiman or a dwarf croc.:banhim:

coura

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
europe
Wow that is one monster enclosure. If I had that kind of indoor space I would get a trio of sailfin dragons:naughty: Dont forget to ad some really nice tall plants, true or fake as dwarfs like to hide.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store