VATF update

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Correct. Vittatus African Tiger Fish (VATF). And thank you! Colors really pop when they are in darker environments.
Love all the tiger fish species, I'd love to have a Goliath tiger but I don't think that will ever happen. Lol not unless I have a swimming pool with a suit of chainmail.

CMTrey5

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2015
Love all the tiger fish species, I'd love to have a Goliath tiger but I don't think that will ever happen. Lol not unless I have a swimming pool with a suit of chainmail.
Yeah Goliaths are my favorite. I would love one but I don’t really have a long term home for one at the moment. Some people on here have some crazy Goliaths in decent sized tanks. So it’s possible.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Yeah Goliaths are my favorite. I would love one but I don’t really have a long term home for one at the moment. Some people on here have some crazy Goliaths in decent sized tanks. So it’s possible.
Lol I would trust getting in there to clean the tank tho, not with them teeth, not unless ya feel like losing an arm or leg that is. Wonder what all ya could even stock with them if it's even possible.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
ATF tend to be weenies in their tank. They're typically the victim when put with like size fish.

That being said, I'd still absolutely err on the side of caution with one starting at about 12". Even if they're a weenie who consistently is victimized, when they do strike back, it's typically fatal or close to it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store