VATF update

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
They are not like you would expect them to be .. ?
They need the protection not you. The fish has been somewhat misrepresented.
Lol your probably right. I just remember hearing stories of the Goliath tigers taking bites out of full grown crocodiles in the wild. So I always figured better safe the sorry.

Reactions: fishtankphil

fishtankphil

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
USA
Lol your probably right. I just remember hearing stories of the Goliath tigers taking bites out of full grown crocodiles in the wild. So I always figured better safe the sorry.
True but what they do in the wild and in captivity are 2 diff things.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
True but what they do in the wild and in captivity are 2 diff things.
True true. Definitely would agree it's more 'dog eat dog' or 'fish eat croc?' out there then in a glass box lol. I still don't think building my 2,200 gal. would be big enough for a Goliath tho.

fishtankphil

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
USA
True true. Definitely would agree it's more 'dog eat dog' or 'fish eat croc?' out there then in a glass box lol. I still don't think building my 2,200 gal. would be big enough for a Goliath tho.
Mine is in a 1500 gal fiberglass tank that is cylinder shaped. Massive bio filtration and drip system.

fishtankphil

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
USA
Great looking fish and tank. Lol that tiger looks like he'd gladly take a finger or 2 if offered.
?...u know when i clean the front window i make sure to take note where he is at a few times. He usually behaves himself but u never know with a fish that sizs. I feed him a handful of 2"x .5" chuncks of tilapia. Can easily take down 8 to 10 pieces at a feeding but thats every other day tho..

Reactions: sunnysjourney
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store