VATF update

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
?...u know when i clean the front window i make sure to take note where he is at a few times. He usually behaves himself but u never know with a fish that sizs. I feed him a handful of 2"x .5" chuncks of tilapia. Can easily take down 8 to 10 pieces at a feeding but thats every other day tho..
Yeah but atleast you know he'd still love ya even with a few less fingers lol. Yeah I don't think I could afford to feed a fish that big that often, atleast not till spring comes and I can go fishing again lol.

• Love
Reactions: fishtankphil

fishtankphil

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
USA
Yeah but atleast you know he'd still love ya even with a few less fingers lol. Yeah I don't think I could afford to feed a fish that big that often, atleast not till spring comes and I can go fishing again lol.
I don't spend that much..i get x2 3lb bags of tilapia filets from sams and some pellets..with thw occasional super worms that this guy goes nuts for!

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
I don't spend that much..i get x2 3lb bags of tilapia filets from sams and some pellets..with thw occasional super worms that this guy goes nuts for!
Really?! He eats superworms? Wow I would have thought those would be way too small for him to even care about let alone go nuts over em.

fishtankphil

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
USA
Really?! He eats superworms? Wow I would have thought those would be way too small for him to even care about let alone go nuts over em.
He's been eating them for a few yrs now. I get like 100 to 150 of them and leave them with oatmeal and carrots for a few days and them toss some in at a time. Him and the aro go for them and the rays grab a few as well.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
He's been eating them for a few yrs now. I get like 100 to 150 of them and leave them with oatmeal and carrots for a few days and them toss some in at a time. Him and the aro go for them and the rays grab a few as well.
Makes sense the rays and aro would eat them but I would've figured the tiger would want allot meatier foods. Lol if I had a tiger is be feeding him allot of green sunfish, bluegill, and plenty of bullheads.

fishtankphil

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
USA
Makes sense the rays and aro would eat them but I would've figured the tiger would want allot meatier foods. Lol if I had a tiger is be feeding him allot of green sunfish, bluegill, and plenty of bullheads.
I dont feed any live fish to my guys. Bugs don't carry any contaminants that could harm the fish. But with that being said i feed them the SW sparingly so they dont get any digestive issues like a prolapse anus....ill feed them maybe 2 to 3x a week if that and once they are done I'll wait a week or so before feeding them again...

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
I dont feed any live fish to my guys. Bugs don't carry any contaminants that could harm the fish. But with that being said i feed them the SW sparingly so they dont get any digestive issues like a prolapse anus....ill feed them maybe 2 to 3x a week if that and once they are done I'll wait a week or so before feeding them again...
Well I wasn't exactly saying live fish just more or less what I can catch by the dozens, quarantine, kill and freeze. Honestly thinking about it now it would probably cost as much as just buying fillets.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store