"Very Rough" sketch of my DIY Plywood 7x4x3

Tstone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2012
United States
Good deal... what do you think if I just used 3/4" plywood for the walls and then cut the viewing windows out of that.. do you think that would be enough support? I'll make it on sketchup later if you don't get what i'm saying

Tstone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2012
United States
Like this..

& then have the glass just go completely from 1 side to the other, and then the side window would go from the plywood side and then run into the viewing window's glass where it'd be sealed... would this work? or would I need kind of like a "place" where the viewing windows glass could "sit into".. if you get what i'm saying..

Tstone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2012
United States
That would work if the glass is large enough to go from the bottom all the way up to at least 2" past the window opening.
Would that be better then having places for the glass to like actually "sit into" ? Like this..

Zari

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2011
Aurora,Colorado
Can't say If its better I'm sure it will work fine either way though. Just make sure you have at least a 2" lip supporting all around the glass.

Tstone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2012
United States
Soooo you're saying if all the areas circled in yellow are greater then 2",Then this design will work?

Tstone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2012
United States
Alright. How thick should my glass be then?
Also, do you put the glass on before or after you do the whole "waterproofing" process?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store