• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

black_sun

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2008
New Jersey
Totskie;3198073; said:
To be honest, nobody's gonna rock any of these shirts! You should extend the deadline and maybe someone will come up with a better design. The loach, #1, is the only one that looks like a shirt design, but it still looks amateurish cause it doesn't have any design concept on it.

Also, people shouldn't use pics that they didn't take themselves cause that's copyright infringement.

Just a professional artists opinion, that's all.

The designs are fine, albeit a bit unexperienced in execution in some instances. But the contest wasn't the "Official MFK T-Shirt Design Competition For Designers Only" or "...For Clothing Designers Only" (since there is a vast difference between a clothing designer and a designer). If it was, it'd only be me and a handful of other people that would have be able to enter, if even bothered to do so. Let it go, it's just a fun competition for everyone should they have chosen to enter. No one asked for credentials to enter the competition, it's not going to come into play nor should it.

And you don't know the sources of all of the images used. They could have been obtained with permissions, could be free stock and so forth. Additionally, if the photo is altered enough, more likely than not the laws concerning privacy and publicity are considered NOT violated in most instances/locations (since the laws to vary on a federal and state-to-state level). Additionally, these laws serve mainly for people and not subjects, it's actually quite difficult to prevent altered or manipulated images (like some of the submissions) from being used, unless the photograph itself has been copyrighted or is owned by a professional or company. ...not that it makes using them OK, unless they are free stock or with permissions, but it's really a moot point here.

D-WALT

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 2, 2009
North Carolina
Totskie;3198073; said:
To be honest, nobody's gonna rock any of these shirts! You should extend the deadline and maybe someone will come up with a better design. The loach, #1, is the only one that looks like a shirt design, but it still looks amateurish cause it doesn't have any design concept on it.

Also, people shouldn't use pics that they didn't take themselves cause that's copyright infringement.

Just a professional artists opinion, that's all.

LOL why didnt you make a shirt if your such a PROFESSIONAL!!!:ROFL:

black_sun

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2008
New Jersey
Loved #1!

Not my favorite species of aquatic life (haha, gee, who can guess why?), but I really like the idea. It has a lot of potential for variety and it certainly gets your attention.

Some of the others were really great, too! Actually, a lot of them (with tweaking) would make good for BCards and Letterhead, haha. ...oh dear, work is getting to me... I'm talking about BCards and Letterhead? *headdesk*

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
Vicious_Fish;3198151;3198151 said:
Boy, what's up with all the critics? This is/was suppose to be something fun to do to show off your creative side for the sight we love. Not everyone who entered went to art school to learn about what works and what doesn't in the printing industry.

I wasn't even going to enter this contest but since I am a graphic designer by trade I though I'd be a fool not to give it a shot. I'm a procrastinator so I made mine on my lunch break in under 20 minutes the day before it was due. I thought it turned out alright and I could careless if it does good or bad (even though it's in 3rd place right now). So maybe you critics should have thrown something together instead of *****ing. If I can do it in 20 minutes you guys should be able to make a killer one in under 10 mintues, right?

Anyways this is suppose to be fun so vote and then you can go back to sipping your mocha chai latte.
:headbang2 i bet the guys talking crap also carry Fucci murses too :ROFL:

iamzrad

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2008
Southern Penn
#7 gets my vote.

Good usage of the M logo, only thing I would like to see is make the M a little more natural looking to go with the Dats other bars.

snarferer

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 3, 2009
Limerick, PA
Wow, all great tshirts. We should have an agreed upon fish and then made shirt designs from there, because a lot of people seem to be voting on fish in general and not design. I think if number 1 was (fill in your favorite fish) everyone would have voted for it.

packer43064

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2008
Ohio
onlybigfish;3198483; said:
MY FISH EATS YOUR FISH

THIS IS THE BEST LINE EVER !!!!!!!!!!!:headbang2:headbang2:headbang2
Totally agree. MFK is a internet site and a group of fish keepers that keeps large and extremely aggressive fish(not everyone, but that's totally fine) and this line sums it all up way too good. MFK"s slogan should seriously be this, and I would wear this shirt in a heartbeat. Sure people might look at me like WTF, then I would take them over and let them say that to the 6ft arapaima, lol. Who cares, this is MFK a great website and #2 sums it up extremely well. This isn't a beauty competition, who cares if some look a little dodgy, it would be a bit prejudice if only graphic designers or t-shirt designers could only make the shirts, we all can post threads and post pics, I think we all should get a chance to make a t-shirt, plus if you don't like it DON"T VOTE FOR IT!:ROFL::ROFL: I hope #2 wins!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store