Ways to speed up nitrogen cycle

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
What a miracle that these products instantly did what they claimed to on the bottle, for me and others, when there's so many people that haven't used them saying otherwise.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
You state they dont work how do you know ? How do you explain the two tanks I have used it on ? How do you explain claud3rd's success qith stability ? One of the tanks I set up had a clown laoch and yellow acara the cl showed absolutly no signs of stress ... they arent hardy at all I respect your opinion but I dont understand how so many people just say "it doesnt work" and have not used it. While many have used it and it has worked... proof is in the pudding imo I understand the whole bb cant survive in a bottle but to go from .5/1.0 ammonia 0nitrite and 0 nitrate to 0 ammonia 0nitrite and 5ppm of nitrate is good enough for me

P.s Joe sorry if that sounded condescending wasn't meant to be ...genuine questions
Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Would you be willing to buy an expensive fish, set up a new tank the same day using whatever quick start cycling product in a bottle you want, add water, dechlorinator, heater, and new filter and have no worries at all? I've done it with stingrays and discus, just adding some aquarium plants.

claude3rd

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2010
Waterbury, CT
It comes down to what each of us want to do... If you don't believe what the bottle says and have had no experience with it then you won't use it... if you do believe, you will. I had asked the very same question when I got back into the hobby 6 years ago. I had reached out on the forum because I had come across a sweet deal for the fish I had wanted but my tank was not cycled yet. Zennzzo counseled me to follow the instruction on the Stability bottle but double the dose and I would be fine. It work and I have been doing all my tanks like that, so I will keep doing what I know works. If somebody does not want to do that fine, I won't knock it. Do what you are comfortable with.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Would you be willing to buy an expensive fish, set up a new tank the same day using whatever quick start cycling product in a bottle you want, add water, dechlorinator, heater, and new filter and have no worries at all? I've done it with stingrays and discus, just adding some aquarium plants.
Thats understandable and can see why someone wouldn't want to use it. The first time I used it was because my bb colony was not mature and was killed off by meds I didnt want to subject the fish to traditional cycling it worked and I used it a couple times after with success

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

screaminleeman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2009
Westminster, MD
Sponge filter(s) from an established tank will allow for immediate addition of fish to a new tank to safely cycle the tank. Like others have stated, it is a better option to use less expensive hardy fish but I have done this successfully with less hardy species also.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
It's definitely a risk to try these products with super expensive livestock...but to the testament of both safestart and stability, I just used some on a tank testing 4.0 ppm ammonia, 1.5ish ppm nitrites/0 nitrates, and within 2 days the nitrites shot to 3.0 ppm, and nitrates were on a slight rise. That tank had been sitting in a crashed state for a hot minute (poor planning on my part, threw a bullhead and crayfish in the tank way to early) and I was starting to get nervous because the bb werent catching up with the increased bioload. These products definitely have my seal of approval so far, buuuuuuut we will see if the improvement continues haha.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store