Weirdest things that have happened on a fishing trip?

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
Fishing in the middle of the night on a loooong dock where u cant see past the wooden planks and theres no railing, i huge manatee surfaces out of the dark water! Scariest sight ive ever seen in my life to be in the middle of no where and see this huge gray bulk rise out of the water. Nearly peed myself!

Ive also caught a crab but he actually rode his way to the top by standing on the bait and holding on to the line.

Ive also been drunk at the end of a pier fallen asleep at 2am in a tailgate chair while fishing with friends, fell asleep with my rod in my hand line in the water was woken up by the shaking line reeled in the fish (largest of the day) flopped it in the cooler and let out my line again and went back to sleep in the chair. Lol everyone was laughing at me in the morning saying i out fished everyone even in my sleep.

And not a fishing story but got stung by a man o war across my entire thigh while sitting on the shore in the sand out of the water.

Oh and the story that tops the cake might have been the time i was sitting in a shore at sunset and i saw in the distance a bunch of predatory fish jumping out of the water and attacking a shoal of something. Well the shoal of thousand and thousand of fish to escape from predators came jumping to shore and it literally rained fish. Every wave brought hundreds of fish slapping you in the face the head everywhere just raining in the shore. Talk about catching fish with no rods or hooks lol essentially we had to even grab and throw one by one hundreds of fish back in the ocean cause they had beached themselves. Ill never forget that.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

billybob815

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2013
dwight IL
What is the weirdest thing that has happened to you while fishing?
When i was fishing at the local marina i caught a trout, then some crazy old dude started saying "Those are my fish! You stole my fish!". Total bull, as he was across the marina from me. He insisted that I give him the fish, I declined. I left my tackle box on the dock and went to go measure the fish. When I released the fish and came back to my tackle box, the old dude was standing next to it with a smug look on his face. I looked at my tackle box and it appears as though he defecated in it.
What did you do when you seen the crap in your tackle. I think he would have been bloody if he did that to me

Sent from my XT603 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

livebearerfreak

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2006
no where
Fishing in the middle of the night on a loooong dock where u cant see past the wooden planks and theres no railing, i huge manatee surfaces out of the dark water! Scariest sight ive ever seen in my life to be in the middle of no where and see this huge gray bulk rise out of the water. Nearly peed myself!

Ive also caught a crab but he actually rode his way to the top by standing on the bait and holding on to the line.

Ive also been drunk at the end of a pier fallen asleep at 2am in a tailgate chair while fishing with friends, fell asleep with my rod in my hand line in the water was woken up by the shaking line reeled in the fish (largest of the day) flopped it in the cooler and let out my line again and went back to sleep in the chair. Lol everyone was laughing at me in the morning saying i out fished everyone even in my sleep.

And not a fishing story but got stung by a man o war across my entire thigh while sitting on the shore in the sand out of the water.

Oh and the story that tops the cake might have been the time i was sitting in a shore at sunset and i saw in the distance a bunch of predatory fish jumping out of the water and attacking a shoal of something. Well the shoal of thousand and thousand of fish to escape from predators came jumping to shore and it literally rained fish. Every wave brought hundreds of fish slapping you in the face the head everywhere just raining in the shore. Talk about catching fish with no rods or hooks lol essentially we had to even grab and throw one by one hundreds of fish back in the ocean cause they had beached themselves. Ill never forget that.

HAH mr. krabs from sponge bob! LMAO

otmmy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2013
Alberta,Canada
I was fishing and was reeling in and my line when really tight so I set the hook.But whatever was on the other end wasnt fighting so I figured I just caught a bush trout(pile of weeds).Well after I got my line in I had a huge mess of weeds on the end so I started stripping them off my hook and after I took a big bunch off I saw a face inside.Well I jumped about 10ft and dropped my rod.After further inspection I found out it was a doll that I hooked.But it gave me a good scare and my cousins though it was funny as hell.

Too Many Choices

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 12, 2012
Australia
I was fishing and was reeling in and my line when really tight so I set the hook.But whatever was on the other end wasnt fighting so I figured I just caught a bush trout(pile of weeds).Well after I got my line in I had a huge mess of weeds on the end so I started stripping them off my hook and after I took a big bunch off I saw a face inside.Well I jumped about 10ft and dropped my rod.After further inspection I found out it was a doll that I hooked.But it gave me a good scare and my cousins though it was funny as hell.
THAT WOULD BE THE DEATH OF ME!

Once I was out fishing, felt a bite and I knew I was onto something, I could feel it was only a small fish, but all of a sudden it got really heavy and difficult to reel in. When it got the surface there was cormorant holding onto my fish! Fortunately it wasn't hooked in the beak, we gave him the fish any way :p

Another time I was at a local pier after some really bad weather. It seems like a lot of fish had been pushed in shore by the winds/waves, heaps of people were catching heaps of fish, I saw one man pull up an angel shark.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...el-shark-a-vasectomy%2Fangel-shark%2F;400;261

That's something that you'd never really see. And a woman next to me got a bite, and what ever it was took off and stripped her entire spool of line! It just ran and ran and ran, no stopping what ever it was! To this day I wish I knew!

Nman

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2012
Earth
Once I was fishing and I got a big tug and thought it was a grouper and when I got it in he boat I found out I fowl hooked a 5 in wrasse...

jmichailiuk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2011
davie
Well two things come mind I was bass fishing caught a big bass had a turtle in his mouth that happened twice I got soft shell and yellow belly

Then s year a go I was fishing had a big bight and I was out like 20/30 ft from the beach trying to catch a skate and a giant Jew fish nailed pulled me out like 1000 yards off the beach and way up it I Finally got it up. it was massive

otmmy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2013
Alberta,Canada
THAT WOULD BE THE DEATH OF ME!

Once I was out fishing, felt a bite and I knew I was onto something, I could feel it was only a small fish, but all of a sudden it got really heavy and difficult to reel in. When it got the surface there was cormorant holding onto my fish! Fortunately it wasn't hooked in the beak, we gave him the fish any way :p

Another time I was at a local pier after some really bad weather. It seems like a lot of fish had been pushed in shore by the winds/waves, heaps of people were catching heaps of fish, I saw one man pull up an angel shark.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...el-shark-a-vasectomy%2Fangel-shark%2F;400;261

That's something that you'd never really see. And a woman next to me got a bite, and what ever it was took off and stripped her entire spool of line! It just ran and ran and ran, no stopping what ever it was! To this day I wish I knew!
Haha something like this also happened to me I was fishing top water for some pike and I had a seagull swoop down and take my bait and it hooked itself.Its was liking flying a kite the dam thing was flying around everywhere going crazy.I eventually got it in and took the hook out which was a pain in the arse.But I would have to say it was one of the best fights I have had on a fishing rod.

jpcampbell123

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2011
In the water
nearly getting pulled in the water on three different occasions on salt water fishing trips. once in tybee island ga and two times in panama city beach florida. all three times what ever i hung into broke the line and steele leader.

john

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store