Weirdest things that have happened on a fishing trip?

blindkiller85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Orlando, FL
Weirdest thing....well there's three.

Fishing in a canal for baitfish for the next day I casted out my squid and voila a MASSIVE blue heron flew into my line at that exact moment....2 hours later I get the heron free and I had a fish too.

And then there's my fiance. She was bored and was trying to catch a fish with a bare hook, she casted and reeling in she snagged a shrimp. Casted it out and got a 10 lb red snapper. I was pissed.....and very drunk.

Yeah went out on a party boat, bad idea in the first place, but we just made it to the keys and decided why not. 6 hour fishing trip at night...no big deal. Except for the fact that there were 10-12 ft swells and the captain/first mate couldn't do squat. First mate got tossed 8 feet from the bow to the front window. Next thing to happen was, well, interesting. Everyone was sick minus one guy that was fishing, even the captain was sick. But this one guy....oh man. Lips flapping and an absolutely horrendous sound of a wet whoopie cushion more or less. Big dude too, 6'1 - 6'2 and probably 400 pounds. My buddy and I were laughing as hard as we could, then throwing up ourselves. Wait a few minutes and repeat lol....4 hours of that. Unforgettably funny and horrendous at the same time.

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
Weirdest thing....well there's three.

Fishing in a canal for baitfish for the next day I casted out my squid and voila a MASSIVE blue heron flew into my line at that exact moment....2 hours later I get the heron free and I had a fish too.

And then there's my fiance. She was bored and was trying to catch a fish with a bare hook, she casted and reeling in she snagged a shrimp. Casted it out and got a 10 lb red snapper. I was pissed.....and very drunk.

Yeah went out on a party boat, bad idea in the first place, but we just made it to the keys and decided why not. 6 hour fishing trip at night...no big deal. Except for the fact that there were 10-12 ft swells and the captain/first mate couldn't do squat. First mate got tossed 8 feet from the bow to the front window. Next thing to happen was, well, interesting. Everyone was sick minus one guy that was fishing, even the captain was sick. But this one guy....oh man. Lips flapping and an absolutely horrendous sound of a wet whoopie cushion more or less. Big dude too, 6'1 - 6'2 and probably 400 pounds. My buddy and I were laughing as hard as we could, then throwing up ourselves. Wait a few minutes and repeat lol....4 hours of that. Unforgettably funny and horrendous at the same time.
Roflmao!!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
There was also the morning after that over night pier fishing where i had my rod in front me and my cousin asked me to watch his rod for a minute so i had two rods in front of me a beer in one hand and a cig in another. So i was taking a swig and his line started going crazy so i had to pop the cig in my mouth and put beer down reeled in huge snapper tossed in cooler and by the time i had my beer in my hand again my line went peeling out so cig back in my mouth beer back down reel in another huge snapper and repeat again!!! This doesnt sound like much but you had to be there this all happened within 5 min. Then my cousin get back and doesnt catch crap for and hour lol.

blindkiller85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Orlando, FL
There was also the morning after that over night pier fishing where i had my rod in front me and my cousin asked me to watch his rod for a minute so i had two rods in front of me a beer in one hand and a cig in another. So i was taking a swig and his line started going crazy so i had to pop the cig in my mouth and put beer down reeled in huge snapper tossed in cooler and by the time i had my beer in my hand again my line went peeling out so cig back in my mouth beer back down reel in another huge snapper and repeat again!!! This doesnt sound like much but you had to be there this all happened within 5 min. Then my cousin get back and doesnt catch crap for and hour lol.
The best reason to not go take a pee or get a drink. You miss fish all the time when you're gone.

crayfishguy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2010
Houston texas
Wow... Everyone has had some crazy stuff going on... After i saw the crap in my tackle box i looked at him with a disgusted look and walked away to clean it out.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
Oh heres something. On one trip i was walking off the pier and saw two plate sized horseshoe crabs on shore ummm....breeding.

Passionate 4 pikes

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2008
Manaus, Brazil
I have a few stories. I snagged a baby arapaima gigas, i had a piece of my finger bitten off by a piranha, i caught a plant-eating fish on a crankbait, and I caught a hawk on a popper. All of this in Brazil. Bieng able to say you have a scar from a piranha bite instantly makes your life a little bit cooler lol jk

Sent from my SCH-I200 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store