What do I do about strict parents

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason longboard

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
california
my dad used to take me to concerts when i was younger,he knew what music meant to me,i play several instruments,he played piano,im 32 now and he passed 4 years ago,he didnt always like the bands we saw but he put up with it to be with his son.now hes gone and ill never forget those times,when i was 15 he rented a big caddy and took me and my freinds 2 hours away to a metallica concert.ever seen a buisness man wearing an iron maiden shirt,he went with us and my freinds and i talk about that stuff to this day,i knew i could go to him about anything later in life and wish i still could,tell them to read this,hey parents,its not all about you anymore,your kids a teen and try hard to remember how easy it was to do things behind parents backs,be a part of what they enjoy,and to you,slipknot is a tough one,i grew up on punk and metal,dad always said i would out grow it,nope,but i do disagree with half the messages they put out.listen to alot of blues and jazz now but i still hold my punk and thrash roots,your parents here that stuff and mostlikely dont want you influenced by bullcrap lyrics.some ppl fall into that crazy talk and thoughts,some,hopefully like you,dont play into it and you just love the power of the sound and the way it can hype you up and you know that good rock out feeling,that sounded lame i know,anyways good luck,i just think you can see their side but also know they should get more involved.i used to hide all my metallica and ozzy albums,at least the covers:naughty:mom always found them anyways.:ROFL:

---XR---

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pa
OddBaller;1159075; said:
thats alot of lemonade you need to make........
BAHHGHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!:ROFL:

gold man:D

Liam

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2007
Brisbane - Australia.
ewurm;1159105; said:
Uh, it sounds like you may be an ungrateful little $hit. Where did that birthday money come from? Did you pay for gas on this trip? Did you pay for the car or insurance? Did you thank your parents for taking you in the first place?
that birthday money came from friends... My brithday present from them is supposed to be a 75 gallon fish tank.. which they still haven't got for me, they use there petty little excuse "We haven't got the money" Which i know isn't true, dad gets payed every wednesday, and gets payed **** loads. as a matter of fact i did thank them.

All my friends think that my parents are strict.

Just sit in my seat and you can't say it's unfair...

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
you are mad that you can not go to a concert, but you have internet, someone to pay the bills to run your tank... Just because parents do not want to take you to a concert doesn't mean he is a bad parent.

Children today get way too much... if they do not get what they want then and now they get mad or bored... get over...

Liam

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2007
Brisbane - Australia.
jason longboard;1159115; said:
my dad used to take me to concerts when i was younger,he knew what music meant to me,i play several instruments,he played piano,im 32 now and he passed 4 years ago,he didnt always like the bands we saw but he put up with it to be with his son.now hes gone and ill never forget those times,when i was 15 he rented a big caddy and took me and my freinds 2 hours away to a metallica concert.ever seen a buisness man wearing an iron maiden shirt,he went with us and my freinds and i talk about that stuff to this day,i knew i could go to him about anything later in life and wish i still could,tell them to read this,hey parents,its not all about you anymore,your kids a teen and try hard to remember how easy it was to do things behind parents backs,be a part of what they enjoy,and to you,slipknot is a tough one,i grew up on punk and metal,dad always said i would out grow it,nope,but i do disagree with half the messages they put out.listen to alot of blues and jazz now but i still hold my punk and thrash roots,your parents here that stuff and mostlikely dont want you influenced by bullcrap lyrics.some ppl fall into that crazy talk and thoughts,some,hopefully like you,dont play into it and you just love the power of the sound and the way it can hype you up and you know that good rock out feeling,that sounded lame i know,anyways good luck,i just think you can see their side but also know they should get more involved.i used to hide all my metallica and ozzy albums,at least the covers:naughty:mom always found them anyways.:ROFL:
your lucky, you had a cool father, my dad is raising me the way his father raised him. I'm a musician, I play bass. I show them vids of people playing jazz and ****, they say "maybe if you practiced you'd be able to play that good", that shows what they know I practice 2 hours a day, and i'd practice more if i could get the proper equipment like some books and ****. They won't drive me around and i live in the country, like a 45 drive from any store

Wolf3101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
First of all....your dad's right...your totally self centered and clueless...

Besides the housepayment...car payment...utilities....insurance and medical...the food you scarf down at will all the time....your cable...video games....internet access...computer and school expences. They also have to save for YOUR future education and thier own retirment. Not to mention that it is after all THIER money...they earn it and so should have at least a MINOR say in how its spent....

So if they say they don't have the money for your new tank at the moment...shut up and listen to them. The type of *****ing and complaining I'm hearing about would only make them wonder why they ever do ANYTHING for you. Try bieng a little understanding and looking at things from other peoples viewpoint. Help them out by finding lower cost alternitives...ebay..local papers...ect. Do something productive besides crying..."OH WOE IS ME...."

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
print this thread and read it in 15 years.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Pixy Blood;1159126; said:
that birthday money came from friends... My brithday present from them is supposed to be a 75 gallon fish tank.. which they still haven't got for me, they use there petty little excuse "We haven't got the money" Which i know isn't true, dad gets payed every wednesday, and gets payed **** loads. as a matter of fact i did thank them.

All my friends think that my parents are strict.

Just sit in my seat and you can't say it's unfair...
I have and I can. Appreciate your family now. They will be there when you really need them. Maybe not when you want, but when you need.

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
I had a job at 15 and paid all my own bills for school and car... I payed own way through college with three jobs... my parents were too busy to get too involved...

All teens think they have it worse... your father could be dead, mother dieing of cancer, poor, and have to work to afford food... and they don't complain about a stupid concert...

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store