What do you HATE that everybody else seems to LOVE in the hobby?

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
- super aggressive cichlids that cant be kept with any other fish. defeats the purpose of a fish tank IMO.

i always find it interesting how many people hate cichla/pbass. ive kept lots of fish and these are some of the most amazing fish IMO. and theyre coloration is nothing short of spectacular. it wasnt until i purchased my first cichla that i knew id be hooked FOR LIFE :headbang2 :)

rudywieck52

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
Ames, IA
I hate the negative stereotype that goes with feeding live fish...it may not be necessary but its fun to watch and can be healthy if you do it right.

Ang

I should be a Hookworm
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2005
San Diego
jcardona1;3826976; said:
- super aggressive cichlids that cant be kept with any other fish. defeats the purpose of a fish tank IMO.

i always find it interesting how many people hate cichla/pbass. ive kept lots of fish and these are some of the most amazing fish IMO. and theyre coloration is nothing short of spectacular. it wasnt until i purchased my first cichla that i knew id be hooked FOR LIFE :headbang2 :)
If I had the choice i would much rather have peacful fish.
I mean, dont get me wrong, the aggressive ones are awsome. And maybe if i had enough space and money i would have a tank for each....

but with money limited. I like to make the most of my aquarium space.
I'm with you.

And i wish i had the room for cichla. i would totally have a tank full of them.

as far as fish i hate the most.... none. I love em all. I just cant own them all

TTTT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Cincinnati - The 513
rudywieck52;3826981; said:
I hate the negative stereotype that goes with feeding live fish...it may not be necessary but its fun to watch and can be healthy if you do it right.
How can feeders be healthy? I guess if you QT them it can be safe for your fish but I don't think its more healthy then pellets. Why kill a fish if it's not neccesary?

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
my gar love thier feeders :)

rudywieck52

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
Ames, IA
exactly...and its just natural. and what kind of future do u think feeders have anyway? i also assume ur a vegatarian? i mean, why take away ur fishes right to eat fresh meat if u wont go thru the same dedication to "saving lives"?

Citrinellus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
rudywieck52;3827095; said:
exactly...and its just natural. and what kind of future do u think feeders have anyway? i also assume ur a vegatarian? i mean, why take away ur fishes right to eat fresh meat if u wont go thru the same dedication to "saving lives"?
I feed my fish fresh shrimp, fillets, clams, prawns, etc but never eaten a live fish. There are alternatives to live food.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store