What is the most ridiculous overcrowding you have seen?

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
RadleyMiller;594948; said:
Oh, I forgot: For my sixth birthday, someone gave me a pair of cons in a bowl. They lasted a day.

I saw 5 12" Pacu in a 29 at a LFS.

I think the volume of the tank was 29 gallons, but the volume of fish must have been 25 and the water must have been 4. I walked in, then walked out when I saw that. That and a 1.5' P Bass in a 20L three tanks down. And a foot long around and a foot long RTC in a 20L. They once had a 3 foot long RTC in a 55. I never go there, and my customers complain about that place.
That store is totally out of line.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
repair;595074; said:
how about this
Don't you get flamed enough for that already?! lol

That is one of the cleanest "overstocked" tanks that I've ever laid eyes on:)

dougefresh

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Delaware
RadleyMiller;594948; said:
Oh, I forgot: For my sixth birthday, someone gave me a pair of cons in a bowl. They lasted a day.

I saw 5 12" Pacu in a 29 at a LFS.

I think the volume of the tank was 29 gallons, but the volume of fish must have been 25 and the water must have been 4. I walked in, then walked out when I saw that. That and a 1.5' P Bass in a 20L three tanks down. And a foot long around and a foot long RTC in a 20L. They once had a 3 foot long RTC in a 55. I never go there, and my customers complain about that place.
yo radley are you talkin about petkare? i know you dont like em but thats really puttin them down......im not sayin their pacu tank is good but its not a 29 gallon........its a 40 gal breeder and theres only one 12" pacu in there and a few 5" ones not all foot long pacus.....and the tank that the pbass and the RTC were in was the same thing both of which were about a foot ........im not correcting them i'm just sayin its not as bad as your makin it sound bro.........

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
dougefresh;595138; said:
yo radley are you talkin about petkare? i know you dont like em but thats really puttin them down......im not sayin their pacu tank is good but its not a 29 gallon........its a 40 gal breeder.....and the tank that the pbass and the RTC were in was the same thing both of which were about a foot ........im not correcting them i'm just sayin its not as bad as your makin it sound bro.........
Sounds bad either way.

dougefresh

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Delaware
ewurm;595139; said:
Sounds bad either way.
yea like i said im not sayin its a good thing just not as bad as he's makin it sound.......and its not like the fish are in bad condition......all of the fish mentioned are in pretty good condition in clean water......and i know that the RTC and pbass are in good homes now.........

sprayin70

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2006
ga
I worked at Petsmart for a summer and one guy told me that he had 2 Parrot chiclids in a Minibow 7. then he told me that they died 3 weeks later. A little education goes a long way!

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
sprayin70;595170; said:
I worked at Petsmart for a summer and one guy told me that he had 2 Parrot chiclids in a Minibow 7. then he told me that they died 3 weeks later. A little education goes a long way!
Two parrots in a seven? Now that is overstocked, borderline torture. No wonder they died. Nitrates must have been 200 ppm plus.

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
dougefresh;595145; said:
yea like i said im not sayin its a good thing just not as bad as he's makin it sound.......and its not like the fish are in bad condition......all of the fish mentioned are in pretty good condition in clean water......and i know that the RTC and pbass are in good homes now.........
When I went in there to find a new home for my Channels, 1/2 of their brackish fish were floating, and there were a lot of Pacu in that tank when I was there and they aren't gonna sell at 100 bucks a pop. Especially when we have them for 6 at 3 inches.

I also know someone that used to work there and I have heard horror stories.

sprayin70;595170; said:
At petsmart, thats 50 dollars of fish in a 15 dollar tank. People have a problem with me because I am one of a few the refuses to sell fish to people who don't have the set up.

ewurm;595179; said:
Two parrots in a seven? Now that is overstocked, borderline torture. No wonder they died. Nitrates must have been 200 ppm plus.
Even 2.5 gallons of purigen wouldn't save them. That guy must have been an idiot.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store