What is the most ridiculous overcrowding you have seen?

PMK

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2006
Doing water changes
PMK;595308; said:
Probably the worst i saw was posted on this website. I dont know who's fish they are but i thought of it when i read this thread and had to do a little searching for it but here is the link. Just scroll to the bottom

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42421&page=2&highlight=giga

Sorry let me reprhase that it looks like a 180 or a 240 (guestimation) with a 2 arapinga giga, 2 silver arowana, 2 jardini, a RTC, and 3 oscars. And it looks like 2 of them CANT even turn around and 3 of them can barely turn around.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
An 11" Clown Knife in a 10g. From 2" to 11" in 6 months. :ROFL: I was amazed that my CK got that big that quickly.

sprayin70

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2006
ga
RadleyMiller;595237; said:
At petsmart, thats 50 dollars of fish in a 15 dollar tank. People have a problem with me because I am one of a few the refuses to sell fish to people who don't have the set up.

I did a similar thing I told the people the warnings and refused the warranty. I talked with the manager about it and he said that would be ok but to try not to make the customer feel stupid. I had to quit because of things like that. Most of the people would buy 200 feeder fish for their oscars and when I told them about hole in the head they told me "killers" loved them. I told him that people love popcorn but that does not have enough vitamins to do us any good. I also told a few people that if they must feed live then to buy crickets for their oscars. I would take a few out and feed the stores and the oscars would almost jump out of the tank to get them. You gotta love un educated fish keepers!

BDawg364

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2006
Milledgeville/Alpharetta
I work at a pet store, and a kid had bought .....2 8"oscars, a 10" lungfish, a 12" irwinii talking catfish, and a 6" arowana (this is how big they were when he got thm, I don't know how much they grew)
Please keep in mind I did not sell him any of these, I just found out when he bought 75 feeder comets...

46g Bowfront...

wannaarro

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2006
Cape Fear River Basin
3 Pacu over 12" each in a 55g--in a furniture store. I burst into tears inside--at least the tank looked clean/cared for, fish "healthy" but very depressed, and those big kids couldn't even turn around. Spoke "nicely" with the owners; went back following week and they had supposedly found another, appropriate home for 2. Still had one. . . . . sigh. . . .:wall:

repair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Indy
rallysman;595121; said:
Don't you get flamed enough for that already?! lol

That is one of the cleanest "overstocked" tanks that I've ever laid eyes on:)
I was a little cold and thought it might warm me up.:ROFL:

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Zoodiver;595844; said:
This one always makes me cry:

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=490701&postcount=13

Prior to my start at Como Zoo, the curator had 6 12" pacu in a 75 gallon (and he was proud of the set up - four air stones and a power head with undergravel). I moved them to a 450gallon pool as soon as I could. They still aren't right in the head.
Probably only 60 gallons of water in that tank with all those fish, deco, substrate, etc.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store