What's the most grusome death one of your fish has suffered?

_Jessica_

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2010
MA
At work, the guard on a powerhead came off, and sucked a yellow tang's eye onto it. When we got him off, the eye was like hanging out...he didn't last too long.

GhostShrimpMan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2010
Brownsville, Texas
My guppy got bullied around back when I only had one tank by a 3-spot Gourami and he couldn't go into another tank and consequently got ripped up pretty bad, so he hid in a little cave thing. But turns out the ghost shrimp weren't gonna deal with that and grabbed a hold of the guppy and ate it alive!

Diskboy12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2007
NY, USA
Had a 6" Albino ID shark get grabbed in the stomach by my oscar which ripped him open, then my sengal sat and knawed on his insides while he was still alive.

Exodon Man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2010
Maryland, USA
I had a few small blind cave tetras in a newly set up cave biotope tank, and the filter I had bout didn't come with a grate to cover the intake (thank you That Fish Place:wall:).
The next morning I found one of the BCTs that had been sucked into the filter intake tube and minced by the impeller.
There were pieces of the poor little guy all over the tank.

Needless to say that I now ALWAYS put some kind of grate over all my filter intakes:(.

MChorse13

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 8, 2010
california
not my story but my bothers had a hi fin shark die and it got sucked up the power head it didn't have a cover on it and half of him got sucked up by it had tp pick out fish parts from the power head to

CClump

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
West Seattle
my bristlenose decided to suck on the intake of a water pump i had hooked up to a UV sterilizer.
i was gone an hour and came back to see him stiff and shaped the same as the intake..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store