When should i start training?

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut
Is there much of a difference in smell and taste between market shrimp and krill? I have frozen shrimp as well, i'll peel some and cut it up if it doesnt east. I'll cut up a worm and put it in there tonight.. my water temperature says 79... that maybe a reason as well... i know they need 83-85... i guess i will change that.
Huge difference!

Sent from my C6606 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
What needs temps of 83-85 degrees?

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
What needs temps of 83-85 degrees?

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App
I'm not sure but how much is a ray of about 5 inch diameter suppose to eat? I'm not sure if it's starving or not... It tried to eat the red wiggles. I did cut it. But it just spat them out.... I turned up the temperature and removed the uneaten krill. I would prefer not to use black worms anymore as my last batch I had for a different tank had leeches in the mix.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut
I'm not sure but how much is a ray of about 5 inch diameter suppose to eat? I'm not sure if it's starving or not... It tried to eat the red wiggles. I did cut it. But it just spat them out.... I turned up the temperature and removed the uneaten krill. I would prefer not to use black worms anymore as my last batch I had for a different tank had leeches in the mix.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Is this your first ray? It doesn't matter what you prefer not to do its about getting it to eat. I picked the leaches out.of my blackworms. And I think they are planaria worms? Anyways if you have to, get ghost shrimp, goldfish, blackworms etc. Just get it eating good on anything it will take. When the eat a bunch you will see a bulge in there butt area.

Sent from my C6606 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Young rays supposed to eat 3 solid times a day. Ray missing 1 day of feeding = somethings wrong. Post a pic, and also test your water with a kit (not strips) and post readings. Might as well post a pic of the tank too, tbh I think he'd to much bigger in the 300.

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rlane

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Morristown, NJ
Get her eating on whatever she will take, earthworms and market shrimp they will hardly ever turn down. Let the ray put on some weight and grow a little bit, eating whatever it is that she will eat. The more varied the diet the better but just get her eating something. Once it is feeding and has some weight on it, try feeding it some pellets, at first it may not take them, but if it starts to chew on it you are making progress. You can also try to hide small pieces of pellets in the worms and shrimp, its a pain in the neck but helps eventually get the ray to take them.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
They are not supposed to eat 3 times a day. You can feed pups one time a day and they will be just fine. But fill them up when you feed. As much as they can eat is the answer, but dont just throw 5 worms into the tank and have to remove 4, Rays that size as I said will eat one to two worms, if its not eating anything start with one worm.

Young rays supposed to eat 3 solid times a day. Ray missing 1 day of feeding = somethings wrong. Post a pic, and also test your water with a kit (not strips) and post readings. Might as well post a pic of the tank too, tbh I think he'd to much bigger in the 300.

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store