Whens should one kill their fish?

Electric45

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2009
United states
To give you an idea of what hes looking like now, heres a few close ups.....I have no clue what could be causing this/ and or wrong. I thought it started as HITH but now im positive its not that. And the fact that all of my other fish are fine. I feel so bad for this lil guy.

PC020330.JPG

PC020328.JPG

PC020327.JPG

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
tbh.. looks almost like an abcess. and I would never feed a fish w/ an ailment to another pet fish if I didn't know what was wrong w/ it.. thats just asking for trouble. If you've tried medicateing, and it's only getting worse. I would personally euthanize it. they can bounce back... but the preassure thats fairly obviouse will likely kill it.

TwistedPenguin

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
Oklahoma
If you've got clove oil I'd use it right about now. It's fast and uneventful. Whatever you do, just make it fast as possible for the fish so you don't feel worse. Garbage disposal comes to mind.

Electric45

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2009
United states
i dont have clove oil and id really prefer not to stick him in the disposal. hes just floatin sideways a bit on the botton now so im thinking it wont be long.

MadRussian79

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
Where my fish swim
Use Ice cold soda the shock and CO2 do it immediately. Sucks but if he's listless on the bottom and not eating there isn't much you can do.

NC_nutcase is wrong in only one respect animals in nature that die will ALL be food fore something. Most often then end up as food before they die.

franlovera

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2009
Argentina
yeah i had to kill one of my fish. He was looking exactly like that. I used cold water. I put it in the freezer with ice for about 30 minutes. It was starting to freeze so i thought it was ready. I put the fish inside but he didnt die immideatly. felt terrible.

I would just let it die on its own.

packer43064

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2008
Ohio
A blunt object can finish him off. He looks real bad, and isn't moving. Get it over with.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Otolith;3661922; said:
When they lose so much condition or become so listless that a turn around is pretty much impossible and they are obviously suffering, I hate to give up on an animal.
Well said.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store