Sep 7, 2007
Duluth, GA
most often tehn not ice water with salt will kill themquick

Electric45

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2009
United states
But if hes so close to death (swimming into walls and and floating) im kinda leaning towards just letting him pass, instead of startling him by taking him out of the tank and just making him move which might increase his pain and such. I really liked this guy also :( Anyone got any advice on how this could have happened?

And by the way phillydog, although a fish may not be human, it does not mean it does not have emotion, pain, and happiness. I try to treat my fish in a way that I would like to be treated and i dont see it as just a simple life that can be ended easily.

Otolith

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2009
Louisiana
I've seen something similar on scombroids in a trawl. It was a viral infection that caused contagious cancerous growths on them.

Electric45

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2009
United states
i think its a little late for salt. And this krib was sparring with my ctenopoma a bit, im thinkin maybe bumped his head and got it infected?

navygirl76

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Ohio
www.flickr.com
id probably go ahead and take him out.. my worry is that it might be contagious (bacterial, fungal or viral) and i would do a good waterchange. i dont think the little guy is going to make it..

Matt724

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2009
SOCAL & ANN ARBOR, MI
yea sorry man. When he dies, put him in the freezer and take him to the lfs and ask them to do an autopsy to tell you what happened. To me it looks like some sort of cancerous tumor, but I'm no biologist. If you say it's too late for salt, get some pimafix and overdose on that in like a container or something and stick him in. Pimafix has some pretty thick traces of clove oil. knocked out 7 of my cardinals (as in killed them, not just put them to sleep :( and it wasn't on purpose)

Citrinellus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
Its always hard to put him under, but It'll end his suffering. Sorry for your loss.

Matt724;3671254; said:
yea sorry man. When he dies, put him in the freezer and take him to the lfs and ask them to do an autopsy to tell you what happened. To me it looks like some sort of cancerous tumor, but I'm no biologist. If you say it's too late for salt, get some pimafix and overdose on that in like a container or something and stick him in. Pimafix has some pretty thick traces of clove oil. knocked out 7 of my cardinals (as in killed them, not just put them to sleep :( and it wasn't on purpose)
Are you sure it wasn't just from the lack of air in the tank? That why people always recommend extra aeration when treating with mela/pimafix.

souljah2009

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2009
somewhere in the woods
i dnt know ifthe fish hasthe emotions and stuff but i know if itwouldb me id fush it ifi doesntfi down the toilet the well freezeit, seems ike tome that ur gtting ur injoyment watchen it suffer so le it go and wach and wait......nuff said

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store