Why all the hate for Chinese knockoff filters?

spiff44

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
Midwest
Allow me to spout some hate for chinese made crap.... how it works is that they the flood the market with their garbage, driving out the manufactures of the better items, until what's left is only varying levels of substandard stool samples.

THey have already destroyed the automotive industry... used to be able to buy decent American made tools, like floor jacks that could be rebuilt indefinitely, hand & power tools..ect. Again, now they're all tidily classified as garbage. Now all you get a various grades of ****. Now there is no such thing as a good floor jack... because there is no such thing as a non-chinese made one. All consumer products are headed that way.

Sorry, rant over.

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
I just bought a sunsun 304b and it's amazing. So easy to prime and set up. On the other hand I have a Rena filstar that started to leak, luckily it's in my unfinished basement. I mean yea it's just a seal and everything but I honestly think the sunsun is a much better made product. The Rena is the same model that petsmart sells for $160 or something and my sunsun was a whole $80

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
Allow me to spout some hate for chinese made crap.... how it works is that they the flood the market with their garbage, driving out the manufactures of the better items, until what's left is only varying levels of substandard stool samples.

THey have already destroyed the automotive industry... used to be able to buy decent American made tools, like floor jacks that could be rebuilt indefinitely, hand & power tools..ect. Again, now they're all tidily classified as garbage. Now all you get a various grades of ****. Now there is no such thing as a good floor jack... because there is no such thing as a non-chinese made one. All consumer products are headed that way.

Sorry, rant over.
I will agree that there automotive tools are trash. My floor jack likes to lower itself down slowly and that's a scary feeling when under a 8,000 lb truck. Not to mention their hand tools.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I've seen that happen with jacks before and that is scary.Luckily I was only changing tires and didn't have to crawl underneath the vehicle.Most of the the tools that are sold at Pep Boys and Harbor Freight seem to fit this description.

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
I've seen that happen with jacks before and that is scary.Luckily I was only changing tires and didn't have to crawl underneath the vehicle.Most of the the tools that are sold at Pep Boys and Harbor Freight seem to fit this description.
Agree 100% but I would never pay for snap on just for the brand again. Husky and craftsman have lifetime warrantied for a fraction of the price. Kind of like sunsun vs fluval lol.

ktrom13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2014
massachusetts
I will agree that there automotive tools are trash. My floor jack likes to lower itself down slowly and that's a scary feeling when under a 8,000 lb truck. Not to mention their hand tools.

You shouldn't be using a jack as a main support for working under anything anyways.

I've heard of all brands, SunSun, Duvall, etc , crapping the bed. I don't personally have a SunSun because all my filters were caught used for a cheap price. But if I had to buy a new filter it would be a SunSun hands down.

ecoli73

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Sunnyvale, CA
I have a sun sun alongside my eheim's. They work well, but their ergonomics sucks. Therefore I set it up as a bio filter only and removed all mechanical filter materials. I haven't noticed reduce in flow for a year.

Aquafreak

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fleetwood, PA
I will be using Sunsun filters exclusively on my new setups in my new place. I have had the same performance and durability as the brand name filters I have, and have bought the brand name equivalent of the Odyssea and Sunsun filter as a direct comparison. No difference except price in my experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
You shouldn't be using a jack as a main support for working under anything anyways.

I've heard of all brands, SunSun, Duvall, etc , crapping the bed. I don't personally have a SunSun because all my filters were caught used for a cheap price. But if I had to buy a new filter it would be a SunSun hands down.

I know this. But I didn't have my stands with me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store