Wooo, scored a nice 30 gallon full setup last night

xxUnRaTeDxxRkOxx

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2011
Denver, CO.
Thanks!

So the first series of mineralized topsoil is on its last drying round, and then it'll be finished so I can move onto the next 2.5 gallon bucket of soil to start the process all over again. The first series went through the soaking then drying 3 times, and once it's fully dried it'll be put aside for the next batch to go through the process. I found a really easy way to dry it indoors by using 3 small dome clamp lamps, 2 of them have 75w heat emitter bulbs that are for reptiles, and the 3rd one has a 75w light bulb lol; All 3 of them together have cut the drying period down to 36 hours.

As for my Durango, my ex's Durango had the same problem last week that I'm having right now, and all her new husband did was replace the crankshaft position sensor on the engine and that's it. What happen to my Durango is I was driving home after picking up my oldest son, and all of a sudden the vehicle just went dead and now won't start, well my ex's Durango did the exact same thing last week so I'm really hoping it's what's wrong with mine because it's a simple $40 fix. So if that's all that's wrong with my Durango then everything is back on track next weekend!!!

xxUnRaTeDxxRkOxx

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2011
Denver, CO.
Well the first batch of mineralized topsoil was enough to give me a 2" depth, and capped it with a 3/4" of flourite/floramax mix!!! So I guess the tanks is ready to be set up once I get the lighting for it, but first I got to get my truck running again, and place my order for some driftwood!!!!

LS2012

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2013
Northern NJ
Mike, I'm glad you and your son are OK. Looking forward to pics, and then more changes 😀

xxUnRaTeDxxRkOxx

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2011
Denver, CO.
Mike, I'm glad you and your son are OK. Looking forward to pics, and then more changes ��
LOL

The tank is ready to be set up, I'm thinking I'll go ahead with filling the tank and running the filter on it to start cycling it. This way once I get the lighting I can go ahead with planting the tank!!!!

xxUnRaTeDxxRkOxx

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2011
Denver, CO.
So I attempted to fix my Durango yesterday to no avail, guess I'll be sending it to a repair shop and let the pros figure it out... Merry Christmas to everyone!!!! But I plan to fill the tank today and get the cycle going on it, since I'm stuck at home lol...

xxUnRaTeDxxRkOxx

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2011
Denver, CO.
The tank has been filled!!! Finally filled the tank after all the work involving the stand, I set up the following inside the tank....

Sunsun 302B canister filter (kept it running on my 45 gallon tank to keep the bacteria alive)
Aquaclear 20 powerhead
200w Eheim Jager heater
Digital thermometer
Regular glass thermometer

And because my Durango is down and out I figured next month I'll have it towed to a repair shop and them diagnose the problem, and give it an oil change; Then I'll know how much it'll cost me to get her fixed in February!!!! But next month I intend to order some driftwood for the tank, and order the 36" AquaticLife Marquis T5HO Dual Lamp w/ Timer for my lighting on the tank.

xxUnRaTeDxxRkOxx

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2011
Denver, CO.
So I'm not digging the flourite cap on the mineralized topsoil, the flourite is just to large of grain and some of the dirt is slipping through the flourite into the tank. So I plan to drain the tank, remove the flourite cap, and go with black diamond 20/40 blasting media as the cap instead.

xxUnRaTeDxxRkOxx

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2011
Denver, CO.
So here's what's going on.... Got my Durango fixed, and feel like an idiot because I went through all the trouble replacing the crankshaft position sensor, and the problem turns out to be the wire came unhooked from the ignition coil. Also the battery was faulty, and got it replaced for free since it has a 3 year free replacement, so got a new battery, hooked the ignition sensor back up, spent 20 minutes trying to get the Durango started. It's been sitting in freezing cold weather for a week so it took some time to get her started.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store