Wooo, scored a nice 30 gallon full setup last night

xxUnRaTeDxxRkOxx

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2011
Denver, CO.
So I just ordered the following plants!!!

2 - Cabomba Purple
2 - crypt Florida sunset mother plants
4 - Dwarf sag
1- crypt Balansae
1-Hygrophila Corymbosa Compacta

The AquaticLife T5HO was shipped out today, and should be here Monday, and the plants should arrive Wednesday or Thursday!!!!

xxUnRaTeDxxRkOxx

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2011
Denver, CO.
So the first order of plants came in today, and man are the crypt Florida sunset big. They're both around 6" tall, and 8"-10" wide and are super healthy the guy I got them from had to of had them for over a year, they are that big!!! The next plant package should arrive on Wednesday, along with the lighting since they delayed the delivery date for it...

xxUnRaTeDxxRkOxx

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2011
Denver, CO.
So the 36" AquaticLife Marquise T5HO came in today, and I love the how it was designed. I must say the directions for the fixture are a MUST read lol, if you don't read the directions believe me you'll be dumbfounded trying to figure it out. Over the weekend I ordered a 36" WavePoint Ultra Growth Wave bulb to replace one of the 6000k bulbs that came with the AquaticLife fixture, the ultra growth wave bulb covers all of the wavelengths for both chlorophyll A and chlorophyll B so the plants should start exploding with new growth.

The growth wave bulb is coming in tomorrow, as well as the 2nd plant package of 15 s. repens and 10 crypt parva. Tomorrow I'll be setting up the diy co2 for the tank, and will ultimately be replaced by a co2 injection system with a Professional Aquarium CO2 Dual Stage Regulator and Solenoid Magnetic Valve, and a 10lb aluminum co2 tank.

jstanley_06

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Midwest Indiana
you wont be disappointed with the Vesuvius... I bought some about a year ago and they look great. mine are always throwing off side shoots; very easy to propagate! I always trim off the side shoots at least once a week. doing so will def. let the plants main body grow better

xxUnRaTeDxxRkOxx

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2011
Denver, CO.
So all of the plants are starting to perk up, had some melting on the Florida sunset crypts, but starting to notice new growth coming in on them. In the front left corner of the tank are the s. repens which are doing quite well, and getting a bit of new growth to them. The order of Echinodorus 'vesuvius' came in and now sits in the left rear corner of the tank, and along the front of the tank are the crypt parva which are showing new growth as well. I added a small crypt wendtii I had growing in my 45 gallon tank into this tank, and has sprouted 3 new leaves for being moved 4 days ago lol. The crypt balansae is really taking off with new growth coming in every other day, I must say the wavepoint ultra growth wave bulb is now one of my favorites now.

Comparing this bulb selection of 6000k & ultra growth wave bulb to the bulb selection I normally go with consisting of a T5ho quad using 2 x 6500k, 1 x 12,000 white actinic bulb, 1 x 3000k bulb, there's a big difference in the new growth I'v gotten from the 6000k & ultra growth wave bulbs. Can't wait for next month to come around so I can spend more money on new plants!!!!

Next month I'll be picking up a few crypt wendtii, a couple hygrophila corymbosa, some ludwigia repens, and I'll see what else they have in stock!!!

Etan

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2011
CA
You should get some nice jungle val and bacopa carolina.

What fish are you going to stock in the tank? Celestial Pearl Danios and dwarf pencilfish are cool.

xxUnRaTeDxxRkOxx

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2011
Denver, CO.
Currently unsure of what fish I want to go with... Next month I'll hitting a couple local fish stores in my area to see what plants they have, I know I definitely want to get more dwarf sag for the tank so I may just go ahead and place an order for 20 of them at a local store where I know the owners. I would like to locate some jungle vals for the tank, but the main plants I want for the tank are the hygo corybosa, a couple large crypt wendtii green, some anubias nana petite for a piece of driftwood I have sitting in my 45 gallon tank, and some ludwigia repens. Those plants in my opinion are a must get for the tank lol then I can see what else to add to the tank.

The driftwood piece I have in my 45 gallon long tank is 10" tall x 4" wide around the entire piece, not very big but would amazing if covered with anubias nana petite. I'm thinking since it's starting to warm up around here I may go hit the local creek beds to find some driftwood.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store