XXL Black Ghost Knife

NixMix

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2010
South Carolina
I love my BGK. I named him Ginsu. lol I guess mine is about 7" right now. He' s on his way to three years old. They are some of the best fish out there!

otmmy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2013
Alberta,Canada
I love my BGK. I named him Ginsu. lol I guess mine is about 7" right now. He' s on his way to three years old. They are some of the best fish out there!
Wow I have had mine for almost a year when I got him he was a tiny little guy about 3in now he is 8in.He had hit 7in in about 6 months I havent ever seen one grow this fast.

otmmy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2013
Alberta,Canada
Thanks fish seems to be a grow out from a huge fish tank. Living with giant Aros and Dats and Bichirs. I am amazed at how thick and bold she is. Already hand feeding shrimp and silversides. Might not be actually 16 inches but it is sure close.
Nice my old one I had trained to come up and sit in my hand while I fed it.These guys are such cool fish.

NixMix

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2010
South Carolina
Nice my old one I had trained to come up and sit in my hand while I fed it.These guys are such cool fish.
I can get mine to eat out of my hand but how did you train yours to sit in your hand while feeding? I guess I have too much commotion in my tank at feeding time to make this guy comfy enough to behave that way.

otmmy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2013
Alberta,Canada
I can get mine to eat out of my hand but how did you train yours to sit in your hand while feeding? I guess I have too much commotion in my tank at feeding time to make this guy comfy enough to behave that way.
Alot of patience once I had him trained to come to the top for food.I would put the food in the palm of one hand and cup my other hand and made it so the only way he could get the food from my palm was if he swam over my other hand.It took a while but eventualy I had it so I just had to splash the top of the water and put my had in and he would swim into it the I would give him food.But there are times when it got kinda annoying lol.Anytime u did wc's he would be swimming all around your hands and arms waiting for food.And at the same time my rams would be pecking at my arm hair lol so could be alittle hard to clean the tank.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store