Your thoughts on breeding BATMAN rays?

BATMAN rays breeding?

• Yes, lets learn more and see what happens!

Votes: 85 57.0%
  • No, we dont need this in the ray industry!

Votes: 48 32.2%
  • Depends on the offspring created....

Votes: 16 10.7%

• Total voters

gavigan1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2008
arowanaville
I think it would be profitable......... I don't know if attempting to reproduce congenital deformities is ethically the right thing to do. Of course we have everything in this hobby from albino to tatooed fish- So I guess let the market decide, the real question is would you buy a captive bred batman ray?

turkeyboy85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
mn
gavigan1;3425186; said:
I think it would be profitable......... I don't know if attempting to reproduce congenital deformities is ethically the right thing to do. Of course we have everything in this hobby from albino to tatooed fish- So I guess let the market decide, the real question is would you buy a captive bred batman ray?

All batman rays in captivity are captive bred, they dont survive in the wild, i say go for it and see what happens, just keep track of any pups down the line.

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
I say it depends on what happens in the first litter. If they become overly batman. Say a huge portion of the disk is gone and the pups don't seem healthy then never do it again. but if they are in good health then great. and maybe we can have some solid prof that it's genetic and batmans can become more avail.

But you can't learn anything if two batmans don't breed. So go for it once to see want happens and pending the outcome of the pups do it again or don't.

jlsmonkey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2009
Michigan, USA
I put yes because if there is anything we can learn we should try, especially if it is something never tried before.

cjfrontlovr

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2006
denver,nc..
turkeyboy85;3425201; said:
All batman rays in captivity are captive bred, they dont survive in the wild, i say go for it and see what happens, just keep track of any pups down the line.
i wonder if theres been any captured in the wild or if its something only happening in home aquaria?:popcorn:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store