I think this needs to be addressed again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belly up

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Wolverine, MI
Why is it so many can`t see that if you allow the government to dictate what you can keep they will never stop with the few species some seem to think get to large. It is in the nature of government to over reach and grow. Start with this then later include that, and that and....

When I first started hunting here in Michigan the rules were printed on a single piece of paper. They are now 60 pages long, the cost of a license has tripled and the quality of the hunt has declined, drastically. Believe me, you do not want that to happen to our hobby.

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Why is it so many can`t see that if you allow the government to dictate what you can keep they will never stop with the few species some seem to think get to large. It is in the nature of government to over reach and grow. Start with this then later include that, and that and....

When I first started hunting here in Michigan the rules were printed on a single piece of paper. They are now 60 pages long, the cost of a license has tripled and the quality of the hunt has declined, drastically. Believe me, you do not want that to happen to our hobby.
Amen, it is the nature of government/beauracrats or private organizations to grow. To create more rules, more laws. To eventually remove all rights and freedoms unless they adhere to their personal beliefs.

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
You need to keep arapaima, or they'll infest the river, and capsize all the boats of those collecting arowana
You need to keep arowana, or the people caught them, eat them, and die from choking on their bone
You need to keep aimara, rtc, tsn, and all those catfish, or they'll go for the jewel when people go taking a bath in the river, or worst, they'll eat kids.
Same things apply toward African, Asian, European fish species.
To keep rivers monster fish in aquarium is one way to prevent the human race going to extinction! If you have nothing to entertain, go buy a 10 gallon tank and grow out a river monster fish. Once it outgrow your tank and you're unable to upgrade, sale it, find someone with a bigger tank for it. That's more useful thing to do then beating the dead horse.

Reactions: Troy1015

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
You need to keep arapaima, or they'll infest the river, and capsize all the boats of those collecting arowana
You need to keep arowana, or the people caught them, eat them, and die from choking on their bone
You need to keep aimara, rtc, tsn, and all those catfish, or they'll go for the jewel when people go taking a bath in the river, or worst, they'll eat kids.
Same things apply toward African, Asian, European fish species.
To keep rivers monster fish in aquarium is one way to prevent the human race going to extinction! If you have nothing to entertain, go buy a 10 gallon tank and grow out a river monster fish. Once it outgrow your tank and you're unable to upgrade, sale it, find someone with a bigger tank for it. That's more useful thing to do then beating the dead horse.
I don't know if you're serious. I've seen you say some pretty ridiculous things so I'm honestly not sure.
Arapaima are endangered and nonexistent in certain parts of the Amazon by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
I don't know if you're serious. I've seen you say some pretty ridiculous things so I'm honestly not sure.
Arapaima are endangered and nonexistent in certain parts of the Amazon by the way.

It's a joke from the xanthic arowanna thread that got closed.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
You can't compare the mfk community to the people you typically meet at lfs. In my ~3 years there I meet two people that I didn't want to strangle.

Why can't i? I been here for years. I'm pretty aware of the silly things that happen. Plus most of us go to pet stores frequently. We don't all clammer to the exotic builds and rare fish and extravagant filter sections. Every day people new to the hobby join and ask newbie questions. Everyday people who should know better blow your mind. Everyday people ask for help and don't heed your advice. It's really not all that different that working at a fish store if you patrol a specific section daily and read all the daily threads, not just the hot threads

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Why can't i? I been here for years. I'm pretty aware of the silly things that happen. Plus most of us go to pet stores frequently. We don't all clammer to the exotic builds and rare fish and extravagant filter sections. Every day people new to the hobby join and ask newbie questions. Everyday people who should know better blow your mind. Everyday people ask for help and don't heed your advice. It's really not all that different that working at a fish store if you patrol a specific section daily and read all the daily threads, not just the hot threads

You're never wrong so I won't write up a proper reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store