Tankmates for 3 Senegalus

Hoplo

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2011
New Zealand
Hoplo catfish are awesome, and like corries they are happier, more active, and cooler in schools.

As for BGK I would not have more then one of them in the tank, as there electrical fields interact with each other, and they will fight to much.

Brit.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2015
This is a great topic I'm wondering if I could possibly add some fish my tank it's a 55gal with 3 bichirs I know I will need to get a bigger tank but can I add fish now or is my tank to small??

jeaninel

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2014
california
I agree...only 1 BGK. Also, I would suggest only 1 Rainbow shark. They tend to be territorial and may squabble in that size tank.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
This is a great topic I'm wondering if I could possibly add some fish my tank it's a 55gal with 3 bichirs I know I will need to get a bigger tank but can I add fish now or is my tank to small??
Had a Firemouth in with 5 growouts, unfortunately Firemouth died:(

Reactions: Brit.

Stormey

Feeder Fish
Sep 20, 2015
Ive got two senegalus with a banjo catfish really cool looking and keeps the nerite snail eggs down to a min. They are still small (Compare to the monsters ive seen) they nudge him sometimes but I think they are trying to figure out of its a piece of wood or a fish lol

superbuddha

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2015
Sorry it took so long but here is a picture of my tank.

View attachment 1141189

So I think I have mostly decided on fish.
-1 or 2 Raphael cats
-1 Brown Hoplo cat
-3 Clown Loach
-1 one Black Ghost Knife
-1 one Rainbow Shark
-2 Siamese Algae Eaters
Possibly a bristle nose pleco

Too many?

superbuddha

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2015
A few plants still need to be taken out of their pots and I have a piece of drift wood that will go in on the left side after It soaks for a while

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store