Hard decision..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin Holland

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2016
MARYLAND
First things first. 120g is not substantial for any more fish.

Get a new tank, cycle it and then pick your stock.

Always quarantine new fish. You're playing Russian Roulette every time you don't quarantine for at least 8 weeks.

Guapoteguy291

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2015
Mixing any cichlids is always gamble and it rarely works out especially when adding fish to a tank with an established hierarchy and territories. I've kept cubans, cyano and carpintis . the cyano was my favorite of the three IMO they are the best looking of the three. Far more aggressive than carpintis with the cubans falling somewhere in the middle. While we are obviously not in the hybrid forum I feel the pic of the hybrid posted is relevant to the OPs question.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Mixing any cichlids is always gamble and it rarely works out especially when adding fish to a tank with an established hierarchy and territories. I've kept cubans, cyano and carpintis . the cyano was my favorite of the three IMO they are the best looking of the three. Far more aggressive than carpintis with the cubans falling somewhere in the middle. While we are obviously not in the hybrid forum I feel the pic of the hybrid posted is relevant to the OPs question.
Yes a huge gamble but a 125 is pushing it not enough territory. Thats why I posted the picture not to make anyone upset that they took an offense to a picture of my fish.... Anyways I do this in a 200 gallon tank filled with different species pure bred jeff rapps style lol and hybrids.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
aren't cubans MORE aggressive than texans? (we're talking fish here :p)
I got a good little chuckle out of that :D

Yes a huge gamble but a 125 is pushing it not enough territory. Thats why I posted the picture not to make anyone upset that they took an offense to a picture of my fish.... Anyways I do this in a 200 gallon tank filled with different species pure bred jeff rapps style lol and hybrids.
Why do you even care? The guy has over 5,500 posts and 57 "Likes". How many people do you think are listening to advice from him with those stats? Not to mention he purposely comes to the thread to troll it and insult people, then pretends to be an upstanding citizen and say "Oh yea, well this thread is getting off-topic". 1 "Like" for every HUNDRED posts.....

Gee, I wonder why.

Last edited:

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
I got a good little chuckle out of that :D

Why do you even care? The guy has over 5,500 posts and 57 "Likes". How many people do you think are listening to advice from him with those stats? Not to mention he purposely comes to the thread to troll it and insult people, then pretends to be an upstanding citizen and say "Oh yea, well this thread is getting off-topic". 1 "Like" for every HUNDRED posts.....

Gee, I wonder why.
I seriously wonder how he acts when he sees an interracial couple...hybrids ftw

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
never had a cuban bloat or die, try not feeding them as much or as often if you do go down that route, had mine in with a pair of jags and a JD male he was no where near to top dog but then only got what the others didn't eat so was smaller feeds every other day.

texas or cuban, go with the cuban not as many people keeping them because of the bloat thing. that said either one will rule that tank in the end and something in the tank will suffer for it.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I seriously wonder how he acts when he sees an interracial couple...hybrids ftw
Irish + Italian + Mexican = Christian Serratos = WIN
Dominican + Puerto Rican = Michelle Rodriguez = WIN
Nigerian + Norwegian = Hannah John-Kamen = WIN
East Indian + German + Dutch + Spanish = Leslie-Ann Brandt = WIN

Need I go on??

Reactions: Ihsnshaik

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Irish + Italian + Mexican = Christian Serratos = WIN
Dominican + Puerto Rican = Michelle Rodriguez = WIN
Nigerian + Norwegian = Hannah John-Kamen = WIN
East Indian + German + Dutch + Spanish = Leslie-Ann Brandt = WIN

Need I go on??
Go on lol haha I just realized who made this thread haha

LogiBear

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2015
Minnesota
Huh. I guess my Texas expeience is different than yours. IME, the Cyanos are bigger and take over but usually leave alone fish that dont threaten them. My Carpintis, on the pther hand, fought his way to the top and then made sure everyone else knew it. He killed a lot of $ worth of fish. Cyanos didnt do that. Again, just my experience.

Although i do like the look of an agult male Cyano better than other variations of Texases. Except maybe Escondido Carpintis.

I still think you should go with a Tex over a Cuban, but either one might fill up the tank too much...

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store