240 gallon progress

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
So about 2 months ago I picked up a 240 gallon tank.

Started setting it up and filling, and should be read to go in a few weeks

Picking new tubes for the filter tomorrow so I just put in a power head for today

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Reactions: bbortko and Danh

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
I used to HATE odd shaped tanks like that. but, now....it really bothers me looking at a square tank from one of the corners, and seeing the same thing at 2 completely different depths/distances. Corner viewing is kinda appealing to me now?

Black Ghost Knife...what are they like? mean, calm, could they live in a tank with Vieja and Amphs? How big do they get? what do they eat?

Reactions: M@T!@$

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
I used to HATE odd shaped tanks like that. but, now....it really bothers me looking at a square tank from one of the corners, and seeing the same thing at 2 completely different depths/distances. Corner viewing is kinda appealing to me now?

Black Ghost Knife...what are they like? mean, calm, could they live in a tank with Vieja and Amphs? How big do they get? what do they eat?
Some may be aggressive but I kept mine with corys and other fish and they were fine, just make sure he has a few hiding spots. I have heard them of growing to 40cm mine is I would say 15-18cm.. I feed mine blood worms and frozen shrimp

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
Some may be aggressive but I kept mine with corys and other fish and they were fine, just make sure he has a few hiding spots. I have heard them of growing to 40cm mine is I would say 15-18cm.. I feed mine blood worms and frozen shrimp
Well I came into my local fish shop and they had a "teacup" Ray and I couldn't resist...

Floated him for 15 minutes and dropped him for another 15

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Reactions: Lucas&kim
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store