Soaking food in medication???

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Have you tried a Epsom salt solution, if I remember rightly it's 1 table spoon of salt to 15 ml of water then just soak the pellets in it
I guess that's not quite the same as keeping a constant supply of tablesalt in my tanks 24/7, huh? I generally keep 1TBSP per 5 gallons.....

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
No, Epsom salt is magnesium sulphate, and that's the ingredient you need
I agree. This is a go to if you keep cichlids and quite honestly something that should be incorporated into your routine ever now and then. I always have prazi on hand as well.

Reactions: Frank Castle

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
soak your food in metro. I use kanaplex directly in hospital tanks, I've never soaked with it.

Soak the food in metro and epsom salts, and if youre feeling frisky you can dose the tank with epsom salt but I dont think that will be neccessary.

Reactions: Frank Castle

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
If I see white poo, this is normally the fist thing I do
I agree. This is a go to if you keep cichlids and quite honestly something that should be incorporated into your routine ever now and then. I always have prazi on hand as well.
soak your food in metro. I use kanaplex directly in hospital tanks, I've never soaked with it.

Soak the food in metro and epsom salts, and if youre feeling frisky you can dose the tank with epsom salt but I dont think that will be neccessary.
ok so I broke out the Epsom salts, don't have any metro atm, so how long am I supposed to do this and is it just for one period of time, or is it like run a time period of dosing, then wait 2 weeks and do it again or what?

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
ok so I broke out the Epsom salts, don't have any metro atm, so how long am I supposed to do this and is it just for one period of time, or is it like run a time period of dosing, then wait 2 weeks and do it again or what?
I follow dosing for metro for a full course regardless of symptoms disappearing. Epsom salts I'd run at least an 8-9 day course of it. then maybe a break for 5 days or so and do it again. Epsom salts wont harm the fish unless you go major overkill with it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store