Soaking food in medication???

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I follow dosing for metro for a full course regardless of symptoms disappearing. Epsom salts I'd run at least an 8-9 day course of it. then maybe a break for 5 days or so and do it again. Epsom salts wont harm the fish unless you go major overkill with it.
You think Metronidazole will still be necessary after running the Epsom salts for a few weeks?

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
You think Metronidazole will still be necessary after running the Epsom salts for a few weeks?
absolutely. Epsom salts aren't the cure, they'll help to flush the fish's system and reduce the parasite load but ultimately it won't cure them, at least not ever in my experience.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
lol well then its a vial full of tiny autobots that beat the hell out of parasites.
I'm doing a native tank, Sunfish will be the focus and of course since i'm ME, some catfish :p You notice any species that seem to do better than others mixed? I only want one of each species, i'm just not set on how many species I want. My 1st thoughts were avoiding Greens and Rock Bass due to their dentition and aggressiveness.

You got any good ideas for PA-locals?

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I'm doing a native tank, Sunfish will be the focus and of course since i'm ME, some catfish :p You notice any species that seem to do better than others mixed? I only want one of each species, i'm just not set on how many species I want. My 1st thoughts were avoiding Greens and Rock Bass due to their dentition and aggressiveness.

You got any good ideas for PA-locals?
P-Seeds as your focus with maybe a few crappie too, and either a channel cat or a yellow bullhead as the catfish. I have both in my 310 lol. along with a real prick of a coosae bass.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
P-Seeds as your focus with maybe a few crappie too, and either a channel cat or a yellow bullhead as the catfish. I have both in my 310 lol. along with a real prick of a coosae bass.
the 1st three that came to mind was Pumpkinseed, a Redbreast and a Bluegill, and I was thinking Bullheads or if I can catch some Madtoms while we collect Hellgrammites w/ the Umbrella net. I also have the option of our other native Sunfish....I think we have all the native PA species here in the SE

I don't recall many Longears around here though

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
What are some other oddballs and less-common PA-Natives I could do? I want stuff you don't see in your everyday Native tanks......

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store