Guys, I need a help to identify my Aro (Scleropages formosus)

Mcomar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2016
Brazil
Guys, I'm talking from Brazil.
One year ago I brought one Arowana, and the saler told me that it was a "Cross Back Golden Arowana".
Today my Aro has almost 17 inch, it eat good food ("SERA Granuar" and "JBL Dragon Shrimp"), and also fresh shrimps, live fish, pieces of fresh fishes and live tenebrios).
My tank has 360 L, pH between 7,0 and 7,5. I am building a bigger one.
But I think that's some wrong with the color of my Aro (look at this pictures bellow).
It is realy a Cross Back Golden Arowana?
Maybe my lighting is not good enough?
Can you help me?
Thanks!!

20160824_202936.jpg
20160824_202938.jpg

jwh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2015
south ****holia
Looks dark for a gold, but there is some gold going up the back, you need a better lit picture and one from the top to see if the gold rim on the scales is present on the 6th row of scales on top of the back, I.e. If the gold crosses the back from one side to the other.

Did you get a certificate with the fish?

Mcomar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2016
Brazil
Hi jwh, thanks for these informations.
This evening I'll try to take more pictures following yours recommendations.

There are some tip to get better the illumination? I'm using a single T8 LED lamp, white color, 8500 K, fixed over the tank, almost 6 inches from the water level.

I have this certificate: see below.

CI.jpg

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Looks like he has golden cross back parents but doesn't look like he will achieve full golden color

narayanang76

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2016
Bangalore, India
Need a better pic for sure. And the 360L tank seem to be small for an Aro.

Does it say anywhere F1/F2/F3 on the certificate?

Reg lighting, try with Warm White (yellow) T5 tube lights. Just try and see, however this will only give an enhanced looks and light up the existing gold coloration, and cannot do anything to its actual colors. People say good things about Tanning lights/Miracle Lights from Quian Hu, but I don't have personal experience on them.

You can also try with white/blue background for the tank, include some market prawns in his diet and maintain clean water to enhance Golden arowana color. But not sure how much can be turned around, given that it is more than 1 year old.

batang_mcdo

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
Manila
reduce the lighting, might have been overtanned thus the dark color.
Crossbacks get dark when exposed to strong light.
color as of now looks like 1.5 red(because of horshoe pattern on sclaes), maybe some mix of gold.
btw have you tried to scan the arowana to see if serial number matches?
did you get the fish directly from farm?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store