Upcoming Movies and TV shows

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Just got back from seeing Logan and it was pretty good but it seemed to go on for hours.Has anyone seen it yet? I'd like to discuss it a bit but I won't spoil it for anyone.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Just got back from seeing Logan and it was pretty good but it seemed to go on for hours.Has anyone seen it yet? I'd like to discuss it a bit but I won't spoil it for anyone.
I haven't seen it but I could careless about spoilers. In fact, I already know some that they kept off the trailers

I know that he basically fights himself(X24 I think) and that he 'dies' at the end. I think I heard Prof X dies too.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I haven't seen it but I could careless about spoilers. In fact, I already know some that they kept off the trailers

I know that he basically fights himself(X24 I think) and that he 'dies' at the end. I think I heard Prof X dies too.
Yep,that is all true and what the Hell....not like we get much traffic around here anyhow.It seems that in this story the adamantium that is inside of Logan is now making him ill and is slowly killing him.That's a new one to me but in his last film the substance was removed from his body by that old Japanese guy so what gives?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The upcoming Alien and Planet of the Apes movies look very good.

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
People argue about the Wolverine/X-Men timelines all the time. The best approach is to just look at it as a stand alone film in a way. I personally loved it and did not find it slow at all, but I watch a lot of independent/foreign films that are known for being slow.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
People argue about the Wolverine/X-Men timelines all the time. The best approach is to just look at it as a stand alone film in a way. I personally loved it and did not find it slow at all, but I watch a lot of independent/foreign films that are known for being slow.
I guess each of his films are intended to be viewed as stand alones and I'd be fine with that if that is the case.It still seems odd that all of a sudden the adamantium is killing him though.I don't read the comics but I heard that Logan is somewhat based on them.Perhaps the adamantium was explained more thouroughly in them.

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
The general concept is that when Wolverine traveled back in time in the movie Days of Future Past the whole timeline got reset and the timeline in the prior movies (including The Wolverine) got undone because it is a new future.

This story is very losely based on the comic Old Man Logan but they only thing in common is the idea of him being old, angry, and slowing down. Everything else is different. The adamantium killing him is not from the comics.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The general concept is that when Wolverine traveled back in time in the movie Days of Future Past the whole timeline got reset and the timeline in the prior movies (including The Wolverine) got undone because it is a new future.
Whoa!....all of that went right over my head lol.I have not seen DOFP so I guess I'll have to give it a look.

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
I have enjoyed all of the x-men/wolverine movies but DOFP is one of the best. To me the top three X2, DOFP and Logan. X1 was medicore, X3 was wasted opportunity, and Wolverine 1 and Apocalypse were entertaining but just missed the mark from good story telling.

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
I have enjoyed all of the x-men/wolverine movies but DOFP is one of the best. To me the top three X2, DOFP and Logan. X1 was medicore, X3 was wasted opportunity, and Wolverine 1 and Apocalypse were entertaining but just missed the mark from good story telling.
I haven't seen Logan yet, but agree X2 was the best of the original 2 Xmen movies (X3 was so horrible I don't even admit it's existence. The Wolverine also gets this treatment).

I did like the first Xmen though, probably just the thrill of finally seeing them on the big screen for the first time. DoFP is the best of the new 3 for sure.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store