950 Plywood/Acrylic Build on Wheels!

DarylMac

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2016
The next time you move that tank you have to record it.
Put it on YouTube.
Post it here.

That has to be a rule. We're like 250 posts into this. You've defied the odds. Reward us.

The aquarium gods demand it.

That has to be a rule

Reactions: FisheadFrank

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
The Tank is doing just fine. Added a couple fish, few fish got eaten, few fish got removed from the tank lol you know how it goes. Upgraded the lighting. Working on upgrading the filtration and a new build.
i don't want words, I want pictures!
That way i can live vicariously through you ;)

Grinch

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2014
NJ
Lifted the tank, set the 2x12's and 1/4" steel under the casters (so they don't break the tile) and started the test fill....Fingers crossed..View attachment 1219872 View attachment 1219873 View attachment 1219875
If you can jack up the tank, wouldn't it be safer to take the pressure off the casters by sliding in cross beams? e.g. 6x6 pieces next to the casters to distribute the load? I think if it was me, I would have just moved the offending electric hook-ups and avoided the issue of castors and trying to move this thing altogether.

Holy Cow! That thing scares me to death sitting there on wheels! Wow. I don't have the testicular fortitude to try this... not in a million years. Fingers crossed it holds up :)

The Tank is doing just fine. Added a couple fish, few fish got eaten, few fish got removed from the tank lol you know how it goes. Upgraded the lighting. Working on upgrading the filtration and a new build.
Is it 1200 gallons on a turn-table!?!? That would be cool... lazy Susan tank :confused::eek:. Why walk around your tank when you could just turn the tank? This idea is now copyrighted... you'll have to pay me to take it ;):D Don't worry, I'm cheap. :oops:

You should team up with vincentwugwg vincentwugwg , make it happen!

Arkangel77

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2009
Carriere

FisheadFrank

Candiru
MFK Member
May 22, 2015
Illinois
If you can jack up the tank, wouldn't it be safer to take the pressure off the casters by sliding in cross beams? e.g. 6x6 pieces next to the casters to distribute the load? I think if it was me, I would have just moved the offending electric hook-ups and avoided the issue of castors and trying to move this thing altogether.

Holy Cow! That thing scares me to death sitting there on wheels! Wow. I don't have the testicular fortitude to try this... not in a million years. Fingers crossed it holds up :)

Is it 1200 gallons on a turn-table!?!? That would be cool... lazy Susan tank :confused::eek:. Why walk around your tank when you could just turn the tank? This idea is now copyrighted... you'll have to pay me to take it ;):D Don't worry, I'm cheap. :oops:

It was my first time building a plywood tank. We wanted to be able to move the tank forward if there was a leak in the back, to patch it. 6x6's would definitely help distribute some of the load.

Thanks, It'll be a year in June so lets just hope it stays the same haha..
Also there are things on wheels that make my tank look tiny so I still don't get why some people were like you're putting something heavy on wheels..... like man hasn't done that before

Haha that would be cool for a small tank.... for a 1200 gallon tank, probably not

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store