RTG, Parrots, and Oscars

ajit8055

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2017
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Hello to all fellow monster mates ! M a new member here ! I currently own 2 tanks. The smaller one is about 30 gallons which house regular carps and SK Golds. The bigger is a 150g which houses RTG about 7in , 2 Copper Oscars , 8 parrots, 4 rainbow sharks and a pleco ! For filtration m currently running sunsun 304B and it's doing fine.
I do 25% water change every 4 days.
And for food their main diet is pellets, green peas , freeze dried blood worms, dried shrimps, night crawlers. I refrain from giving them feeders as I read that Aro will develop drop eye and worried about infection they carry.

M enjoying the feeding time. Mostly I try to feed them by hand so that they don't attack me when cleaning :)

So that is it ! Hope to learn more about keeping these fishes.

Reactions: J. H.

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
Nice! I guess the Aro and Os will get a bigger tank when they grow, and the goldies will get the 150?

Reactions: GamerChick5567

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
Yup ! There a 9ft (9*3*3) tank in the making and the carps will go to the pond (15*10*4) along with RES, RTC, Japanese Kois which m planning to get later on ! The 30g will be a planted tank and 150g will be a chiclid tank later on.
You're living the good life!

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
Hmm. Haven't seen those yellow blood parrots before. They seem cute. Are they crossed with a gold severum or something? Albino types? Dyed? Strange lol.

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
Hmm. In the future I would refrain from buying dyed fish again or buying from shops that dye or tattoo the fish. The chemical dips they use are pretty horrible and painful and basically it strips the protective slime coat from the fish. If you recently got them I would watch them very closely for any external parasites or infected wounds. Prime and stresscoat or aquarium salt will help them regenerate. Hopefully they will recover with no problems. They are pretty tough fish.

I was hoping it was a new cross or albino type lol.

Reactions: ajit8055

ajit8055

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2017
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Thanks for the advice! Will have a look on them ! And I did my due diligence of quarantining them acclimating them in my medicine tank for weeks before introducing into my main tanks. I do this for all my fishes !

Hmm. In the future I would refrain from buying dyed fish again or buying from shops that dye or tattoo the fish. The chemical dips they use are pretty horrible and painful and basically it strips the protective slime coat from the fish. If you recently got them I would watch them very closely for any external parasites or infected wounds. Prime and stresscoat or aquarium salt will help them regenerate. Hopefully they will recover with no problems. They are pretty tough fish.

I was hoping it was a new cross or albino type lol.
heba

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store