Treating Hexamita aka Spironucleus

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Guys i need your help.. please help me ..
My flowerhorm is in a critical condition of hexamite.. please reply someone..
Just read the thread you are posting in. Go to page 1. RD explains everything. You can use a pipette or airline hose and put the epsom mixture directly into the stomach. Really you just need read this thread. It's only 9 pages long.

shunaiz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2017
India
Just read the thread you are posting in. Go to page 1. RD explains everything. You can use a pipette or airline hose and put the epsom mixture directly into the stomach. Really you just need read this thread. It's only 9 pages long.
I read it.. and i treated it the same way..
I have the question that the holes are noy healing.. i guess they are multiplying maybe..
Can you help me treat that??

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
I read it.. and i treated it the same way..
I have the question that the holes are noy healing.. i guess they are multiplying maybe..
Can you help me treat that??
Unfortunately I cannot. I have rescued peacock bass that hard horrible hex and wouldn't eat for months. Finally they began to eat, and regained health and established a quality life. Many still have large pits and scars on their heads. Once every few years they have a flare up and I treat again. Keep the water clean and keep treating and hopefully they will heal over time. They might not, but hey at least your pet is eating again and overall healthy. I'm covered in scars, he might have a few after this ordeal also. I know everyone wants a perfect specimen but life is humbling. Just give it some time if he's eating again. You're on the right track.

Reactions: shunaiz

shunaiz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2017
India
Unfortunately I cannot. I have rescued peacock bass that hard horrible hex and wouldn't eat for months. Finally they began to eat, and regained health and established a quality life. Many still have large pits and scars on their heads. Once every few years they have a flare up and I treat again. Keep the water clean and keep treating and hopefully they will heal over time. They might not, but hey at least your pet is eating again and overall healthy. I'm covered in scars, he might have a few after this ordeal also. I know everyone wants a perfect specimen but life is humbling. Just give it some time if he's eating again. You're on the right track.
Then i should keep treating him and feed him regularly??
It will heal on itself u mean?

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
exactly yes. epsom is a safe treatment at the recommended dosage. I wouldn't recommend metronidazole long term. Yes if you continue the treatment he has a chance at a full recovery. maintaining consistently high water quality is a big factor here too

shunaiz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2017
India
exactly yes. epsom is a safe treatment at the recommended dosage. I wouldn't recommend metronidazole long term. Yes if you continue the treatment he has a chance at a full recovery. maintaining consistently high water quality is a big factor here too
Should i treat him for the mucus or fungii that is coming in the holes.. i mean the white thing in the hole?? Or will epsom and metro solve all this?

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
I don't think that you need another medicine for that. The epsom is treating from the inside out. Just keep the water clean, then update your other thread in 2-4 weeks. Fish tank time to heal

Reactions: GamerChick5567

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Currently treating Hexamita (I believe) with Epsom salts, not having much success. Fish not eating for the last few weeks, after eating a small dither which I believe gave him the hex. did 4 days of injecting Epsom salt down throat with pipette, have dosed tank with Epsom salts and tried to feed Epsom-soaked pellets but he won't eat them or anything else. Fish is shedding mucous membrane of intestines (white stringy "poop") every day. Will try this for a few more days, if no success might go the metro route.

shunaiz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2017
India
Please give Tank size and water parameters if possible..
I treated my flowerhorn with hexa just ,a week ago

shunaiz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2017
India
Please give Tank size and water parameters if possible..
I treated my flowerhorn with hexa just ,a week ag

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store