what sparked your poly love?!

bathawk

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
london
november 2014 went to pets at home bought some tetras and a rainbow shark I looked in another tank and saw this thin gold coloured fish was going to buy it but was listed as aggressive so I left it . Anyway did some research and went back and bought it. Four years later I still have the rainbow shark and the senegal bichir most of the tetras disappeared I know where they went but that is what started it for me.

Reactions: Cthulhubone

Jafar P Arab

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2017
Northridge ca
Poly-Deathroll once you saw this one you'll never be amazed by other fish again. :thumbsup: (warning you should have no sharp decor or anything that your fish bump to cause this may cause accidents) I've had my senegal done it.

Tips how to: Fillet a fresh meat of tilapia, make sure it's much big (means not a snackable size preferably 3-4x the size of the head) then feed it, then observe. :woot:
Its so sick mines did that today with a piece of pellet and close to gators roll

Reactions: tlindsey

L3CTR0N

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 14, 2017
Singapore
I first saw polys 6 years ago and I immediately fell in love with them. Being extremely new to the hobby, I housed a senegal with two dwarf gouramies with no air pump or filter whatsoever. Guess who died the next day... Now I have a spoilt 9 inch long senegal and a 3 inch albino senegal in growout. My friends who don't keep fish at all, at most like a betta or something, are always amazed at the sheer size of it compared to a betta. I feed the big girl scallops, cockles, prawns, giant snakehead fry, guppies and a goldfish pellet for veggies in her diet.

Jafar P Arab

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2017
Northridge ca
I first saw polys 6 years ago and I immediately fell in love with them. Being extremely new to the hobby, I housed a senegal with two dwarf gouramies with no air pump or filter whatsoever. Guess who died the next day... Now I have a spoilt 9 inch long senegal and a 3 inch albino senegal in growout. My friends who don't keep fish at all, at most like a betta or something, are always amazed at the sheer size of it compared to a betta.
Lol that senegal can survive outside for a bit due to its lungs i live these fish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store