What's in the box? It's polys!

Slayer2533

Piranha
MFK Member
May 13, 2017
What about Torpedo Barbs? They get to a decent size (6 inches) pretty colorful and always swimming around?

Reactions: clm08k

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
I think the rainbow idea is a good one. They have a ton of different types at WS. I don't know enough about them to give you any info on what types, male/female ratios etc. Just stay away from the small ones. :)
Maybe someone else here does or you could start a thread in another section?

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
What about Torpedo Barbs? They get to a decent size (6 inches) pretty colorful and always swimming around?
Most barbs and plants don't go. I don't know a ton on rainbows but I like them.
" rainbows rainbows I hate rainbows they crawl up your leg and bit the inside of your a55" " oh you mean those rainbow yeah they're pretty cool"

Slayer2533

Piranha
MFK Member
May 13, 2017
Have you considered a type of Silver Dollar? Or do they go crazy on plants? I have 5 as dither fish and they are pretty chill and always swimming around (I don't have any plant's). Also they are too wide to be eaten easily by a poly.
Most barbs and plants don't go.

I see. I guess options are fairly limited with a heavily planted aquarium....

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Put some black in the tank, don't like it right now but hopefully the polys will!
IMG_3571.JPG
Decided to go with 6 green tiger barbs. I like how they look....maybe they'll eat the algae off the plants lol.

It's funny watching these two trying to figure out the dynamics and snuggling.

IMG_3572.JPG
I'm not sure if willow will work anymore cause she's so spunky and sassy. And willow seems very pretty and calming.
IMG_3574.JPG IMG_3576.JPG
Piggie/pinkie is turning a gold color. Which I really like.The green tiger barbs seem to like Piggie a lot. Always near him.

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
[
Love how that looks! That is from the patio store??? looks so good!

QUOTE="kewpiefishypewpie, post: 7785301, member: 145497"]Another poly? :)[/QUOTE]
got a Del!

Wouldn't the barbs make a nice poly snack? Anything that can fit in their mouth will end up there. Trust me I learnt this the hard way the other day.........
probably is gonna happen....but I'm holding out for a while lol.
Barbs are plant eaters. I have the same issue what do I want swimming in my tank? I put some black skirts to start up the 180 long fin. I'm guessing someones gonna eat them. Hope not but it's probably gonna happen. Hope body shape and long fins make it look to hard to eat. I've got two geos but they really don't go to far off bottom. The filimented barbs I have are perfect except for the whole "I'm a barb so 'F' your plants!"
like the dialogue. Usually I'm not into barbs. Hopefully they won't eat them.

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
That Del has really nice solid uniform stripes! (And a non-tubby body shape. ;) )
What did you ask them to pick out for you?

Congrats! Looks like they are already buds.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store