Polys in a public aquarium setting

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
There's an aquarium in Michigan who's housing polypterus. They were donated for research and conduction some DNA research. I believe it's on public display. Could be wrong of course.

Believe most are overseas unfortunately. Public aquarium Senegals. Its at the 0:40 sevond marl, but did not watch the whole video. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - KLCC Aquaria

[Media]

Here's a decent one in Singapore - River Safari. The kool polys are featured at the 1:10 clip. Both of these video may show more of the polys. I did not watch it in its entirety. Can u give your gueses on an ID for this one at the 1:10 mark?

[MEDIA]
I'm surprised they have tiger barbs with that giant sengalus maybe that's why it's so big

Reactions: clm08k and tlindsey

hparr08

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
Louisville, KY
The last time I was at the Newport Aquarium in Kentucky they had a couple of different polypterus. But that was 3 years ago. I need to go back and check for them.

Reactions: clm08k

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
This is a real good one. Public african themed aquarium with Giant Delhezi displayed at a Dubai shopping mall. Looks to be an endli mixed in there too (on the rock cliff)

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
London Zoo African biotope exhibit. Del on the bottom and huge fat probably Del swimming up top too. Resembles an ornate body and head shape, but those square striped markings in the back says Del. What do u guys/gals think it is?

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store