DieselHybrid Has Pearl Stingrays! But something is strange..

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
I just opened the box and it appears something may be wrong!? They're alive and well but perhaps an expert can help. I thought Pearls were supposed to be brownsih colored rays? I was in shock when I opened the box. I hope they're okay because they sure don't look like the pearls I remember seeing pictures of. Should I be concerned?!

Maybe someone spilled some bleaching chemicals during a shipment.. ;)
Beautiful! Perhaps just stress from shipping and ammonia burnt ;) A little patient, and they'll bring you many pups in near future.

Reactions: Dieselhybrid

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
Left is really standing out, the clear shot helps a bunch too. Eventually you'll run out of space for pups and you'll have to start giving them up!

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Beautiful! Perhaps just stress from shipping and ammonia burnt ;) A little patient, and they'll bring you many pups in near future.
JL I need you to teach these guys how to pack geez! They could use an experienced veteran like you :) I hope you are well brother, it's been while my friend. I'm just trying to keep them fat and happy for now, maybe good fortune will shine on us and produce some babies in the future. Doing my best, and hopefully that is enough :D

Left is really standing out, the clear shot helps a bunch too. Eventually you'll run out of space for pups and you'll have to start giving them up!
Thanks for the comments! That's one of my favorites, it's a female and has a more orange/red hue. Haha Richard I hope that day never comes! I love every last one, I would keep them all and keep building forever if I could.. :)

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Any more updates?
You guys are great! Love MFK

I just moved the big pair of albinos to a 6x3 growout Acrylic that I built myself. It feels good to have them in there. I'll snap some pictures once I finish my chores for the day and dig out the nice camera :)

They're getting large, biggest female grew from 8.5" to 11" since I got them. They're very aggressive, about food and socially. The most bitey rays I've ever seen, definitely would not be good to tankmates with anything sensitive. Even my Leo's seemed stressed from being with them.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
It's been a long time, I shouldn't have left these threads without updates for this long. To answer the inquiries all of the fish are alive and well. Work has been extremely busy this fall and late summer, and I haven't had the time for updates and photography.

Update time! The Pearls are eating and growing very rapidly. I'm happy to have them isolated from my others rays as they showed a LOT of aggression towards them, they are much more harmonious when kept with their kind (which I haven't really observed with stingrays to this extent before).

Here are a few photos, I'll make a separate thread for the build. :)

Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 11.54.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 11.55.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 11.55.14 AM.png

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store