DieselHybrid Has Pearl Stingrays! But something is strange..

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
I think when you start breeding your albino and selling your pups you will do just fine lol.
Sell? I don't sell, I hoard ;) I want to see your pups buddy!!!

Haha. Did you get them life insurance just in case?
I'm afraid to take my eyes off of them haha! I would buy a policy if I could! :)

Reactions: millerkid519

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Any idea how the genetics work out on these things? Albino + Albino = Albino pups?
Yes that's correct. It gets interesting with 50% hets and 25% hets and then breeding them together changes the percentages. But it's all pretty predictable. Eugenics! Coolest stuff ever IMO!

Yes thats exactly how it works, heres a link that helps explain it more
http://www.globalstingray.com/globalstingray-genetics/stingray-genetics/
That's how it works!!! :)

Thats a really nice looking pair diesel, where did you pick them up from?
Thanks AlpineStingrays AlpineStingrays ! I'm very happy with the patterning! A lot of times an albino is an albino, but these have a great look also! I received them from my mentor who has had them for some time. He's a quiet guy who isn't too huge on the scene. :)

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
They're coming!!! I'm busy fishing for the moment. Once I catch this PR salmon I'll post some updates ;)

Reactions: Bigfishnut

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Please excuse the dirty glass, as the rays are also filthy ;)

The albinos have settled in nicely. Feeding on everything I throw at them. I was initially concerned for them. Their tank wasn't finished (I'm behind schedule on builds) and they have been living with older, larger rays. To my surprise they are extremely aggressive both in regards to food and social interaction. They will not be bullied that's for certain. Fun fish, I've really enjoyed them so far. I'll get some better shots of them up soon.

I'll transfer them to a 6x3 acrylic growout I just finished building. It should be finished curing soon. Make a thread on that at some point when I get everything finished.

Screen Shot 2017-08-20 at 9.08.58 PM.png

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store