Help silver arowana seriously injured

John Buchan

Feeder Fish
Nov 9, 2017
My juvinile arowanas tail has been completely bitten off anal and dorsal fins nipped and damage to scales aswell had him since saturday been completely fine til i woke up this morning and found him like this what do i do, hes around 4-5" in a tank with a 2" jack dempsey, a 2" electric blue acara, a 1 1/2" nimbochromis polystigma, a 3" columbian shark and a 5" australian redclaw crayfish

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
My juvinile arowanas tail has been completely bitten off anal and dorsal fins nipped and damage to scales aswell had him since saturday been completely fine til i woke up this morning and found him like this what do i do, hes around 4-5" in a tank with a 2" jack dempsey, a 2" electric blue acara, a 1 1/2" nimbochromis polystigma, a 3" columbian shark and a 5" australian redclaw crayfish

Welcome aboard

You must remove Silver Aro immediately or divide off from the others. The Silver may recover but only with pristine water conditions. Tbh You should not keep species like Aro's with crayfish also a possibility one of the Cichlids may have started the assault.

John Buchan

Feeder Fish
Nov 9, 2017
Welcome aboard

You must remove Silver Aro immediately or divide off from the others. The Silver may recover but only with pristine water conditions. Tbh You should not keep species like Aro's with crayfish also a possibility one of the Cichlids may have started the assault.
Hi thanks for the reply and the welcome, basically im planning to start breeding fish in a shed outside my house soon going to pick up a couple of tanks from my local fish club tonight so would have moved him to one of them however the shed wont have power in it for a week or two so i can see if the fish club can take him until then, my only other way to separate him is one of those little breeder boxes that hangs on the side of the tank

aotechs

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2015
Columbus, OH
I suggest taking that crayfish out of the tank right away before more casualties occur. It will continue to go after all the tank mates, especially the smaller fish. Also, don't overlook the cichlid aggression levels as they grow.

Reactions: kno4te and tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store