TSNxNiger Update???

GiantFishKeeper101

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2017
Does anyone here still have the TSNxNiger hybrid? A couple years back, started selling huge batch of this hybrid. Hopefully wanna see the outcome of this fish. But it seems quiet, what happened? Does none survive to adulthood? Even the RTCxParoon also have adult pictures. Even Wes has the platinum version.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter
Yellowcat Yellowcat

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Never had one. Man playing God turns me off so I despise hybrids in general.

In the past decade, I probably came across a handful of cases of people keeping these Frankensteins but none of them are active MFKers it seems. Only a photo here and there; maybe some little info on raising them when they were small.

GiantFishKeeper101

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2017
Never had one. Man playing God turns me off so I despise hybrids in general.
Don' you have RTCxTSN? I admit man made creations upsets the balance between species. But I, as a catfish lover, intrigue to know any catfish existed (except cory and pleco) even if they are frankenstein. Some are beautiful, some are not. RTCxTSN are beautiful fish, I admit. RTCxParoon on the other hand, shouldn't be existed. Head are unpropitious to its body, high body with a flat head. Some bring problems such TSNxLei, they're aggressive, super hardy fish, one of em escape in the wild. I get it, there's so much problem to this fish, I understand why you despise em.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Don' you have RTCxTSN? I admit man made creations upsets the balance between species. But I, as a catfish lover, intrigue to know any catfish existed (except cory and pleco) even if they are frankenstein. Some are beautiful, some are not. RTCxTSN are beautiful fish, I admit. RTCxParoon on the other hand, shouldn't be existed. Head are unpropitious to its body, high body with a flat head. Some bring problems such TSNxLei, they're aggressive, super hardy fish, one of em escape in the wild. I get it, there's so much problem to this fish, I understand why you despise em.
Yes, we have three TSNxRTC and one TSNxLei. We don't refuse rescues that we can help. Plus, we are an educational public aquarium. We educate ourselves and our visitors. Having visuals helps education / popularization. The fish are out there. Can't pretend like they do not exist, even though you prefer they didn't exist.

In the order of importance, the most important reason for my objection is of conscientious nature... or faith you can call it. The benefits and problems these fish bring about in the material world are of secondary importance to me personally. Aesthetics is probably in the last spot. Just me. I respect our differences and I am not trying to change anyone's point of view by force.

Reactions: GiantFishKeeper101
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store