electric blue lobster/crayfish carrying eggs

Markray

Feeder Fish
Jan 23, 2018
Hi my Bec seems to still be having eggs 4 months now. She just has not stopped hatching eggs. She hides about 6 weeks then comes out an babies follow. Up ft litter 3 or more.

Markray

Feeder Fish
Jan 23, 2018
Hi my Bec seems to still be having eggs 4 months now. She just has not stopped hatching eggs. She hides about 6 weeks then comes out an babies follow. Up to litter 3 or more.

icptoke3

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2018
new york
That picture is definitely not an electric blue crayfish. I'm breeding them now and mine are very bright solid blues. But when it comes to the babies. If there's nobody to mate with its probably a marmakrab and you will be overrun eventually. But once the babies start to crawl around the tail you can kinda shake them off mom

Jbrown2421

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2018
New England, USA
That picture is definitely not an electric blue crayfish. I'm breeding them now and mine are very bright solid blues. But when it comes to the babies. If there's nobody to mate with its probably a marmakrab and you will be overrun eventually. But once the babies start to crawl around the tail you can kinda shake them off mom
Hey I was wondering about shaking babies off, have you done it before? My females eggs hatched 4 days ago and they care around under the females tail. someone advised me to shake them off but I tried and no babies let go I’m not sure what I can do. I even brushed my finger against the babies and still nothing

icptoke3

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2018
new york
Maybe they're not ready to let go yet. Give em a couple more days. Do you see any free crawling yet? Or still holding onto mama. Eventually she will try n shake them free herself too

icptoke3

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2018
new york
Yea, they all develop at different rates being so many of them. I wait until I see a few on the other side of the tank before I try to mess with the mama. But she will reach a point where shes had enough of them hanging onto her. If you see her laying on her side shaking her tail, that's the time to lend her a hand. It could be as easy as picking her up out of the water to get them to let go. I'm currently waiting on one myself right now. I try to let it happen naturally for the most part as to not stress her out. But you do want to remove her from the baby tank as soon as you can

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store