New muskie

Texas321

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2016
Awesome fish,I wish they could be trained to take non live foods.
I can. I thought the same thing about resfin,grass and chain. They eventually eat just about anything. I bought frozen (cant remeber the name) and they came around to then as if I was feeding minnows.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I can. I thought the same thing about resfin,grass and chain. They eventually eat just about anything. I bought frozen (cant remeber the name) and they came around to then as if I was feeding minnows.
That's good to know.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Frozen fish is what it was. Reluctant at first but eventually just destroyed it like it would a live rosey red.
.....was the fish smelt or silversides?

Texas321

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2016
.....was the fish smelt or silversides?
Silversides. And they are nasty as hell. But I always cut the tail off. Depending on the size you may noet need to ass. They arent big frozen fish. But are if you compare them to large rosey reds.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Silversides. And they are nasty as hell. But I always cut the tail off. Depending on the size you may noet need to ass. They arent big frozen fish. But are if you compare them to large rosey reds.
I find that they have a funny smell to them....and I don't know of any sources for muskie at this time.I got mine from another member who hasn't been active on the forum for quite a while.

Texas321

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2016
I find that they have a funny smell to them....and I don't know of any sources for muskie at this time.I got mine from another member who hasn't been active on the forum for quite a while.
Yeah wants they kind of thaw they ate disgusting IMO. I hate handling them.

Also, what's the actual name of these? I know they arent the typical pickerel.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yeah wants they kind of thaw they ate disgusting IMO. I hate handling them.

Also, what's the actual name of these? I know they arent the typical pickerel.
There are different species,mine was a tiger muskie.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store