Your favorite mini-monster fish

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I don't really consider a 5" fish mini, to me, something around 2-3" or less might be mini.
On a monster fish keeping site 5 inches should be mini and 1 inch should be microscopic lol.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Belly up

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Wolverine, MI
If I had to pick a favorite, which is near impossible, I would have to say the lowly Rosy Barb. Not the so called neon. Not the long fin variety. Just the regular fish as it comes from the wild. They are always active, never bother anyone and are very durable. At this time I only have six, they are in with my EBA and a couple other barb species. The red and blue together really makes a nice display. Definitely one of my favorites.

Lilyann

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2017
I don't really consider a 5" fish mini, to me, something around 2-3" or less might be mini.

Something like the 2" mouth brooding Betta albimarginatta above from streams in Borneo.
Or the 3" killi, Funulopanchax sjoestedtii
I am not much of a Betta person, but this wild variety has always made me interested in keeping it. An amazing fish.
Yeah, your right- 5" isn't particularly "mini." Its funny that you mention this because I had initially typed 3 inches and then I changed it to 5 because I thought it would exclude too many people on this site. Being a place for "Monsterfish" and all. I can change it...

Rdurha1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2017
Mini monster huh? I would have to say my favorite little terror would have to be Exodon Paradoxus aka the chainsaw tetra! They are a beautiful silver color with blue to green sheen to them, they may also be one of the boldest fish i have ever encountered having no fear of ripping scales off fish 5x their size.

Lilyann

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2017
Mini monster huh? I would have to say my favorite little terror would have to be Exodon Paradoxus aka the chainsaw tetra! They are a beautiful silver color with blue to green sheen to them, they may also be one of the boldest fish i have ever encountered having no fear of ripping scales off fish 5x their size.
Ive heard of this fish, but I had heard of it commonly called as the "Bucktooth tetra"- the "Chain Saw" tetra is a new one to me- certainly describes it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store