Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Why should she go to jail because of his stupidness?
Thats F'd up. I cant believe they convicted her
Lynch mob, it's not like he wanted to live, she just encouraged him along, wouldn't surprise me if she was his only friend.
At any time he could've gotten out of the car
Hello; I have seen some of the news about this case. My first inclination is along the lines of you three, that she should not have been convicted. I understand what the girl did and do not like her nor what she did. That said she was far away and did not in any physical way assist in the "suicide".
I suspect this might make it into various appeals courts. At least I hope so. This, to me , is another one of those slippery slope things. I might like it if the same sort of attitude can be applied to car salesmen. That being a salesman can be convicted for talking up a sale when they know it is a bad deal. Bad example but on my mind since I have been car shopping lately.

I guess we have another example of be very careful of what we put into writing.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
That chick is evil. I watched a show about the case. I agree she should do time.

Kids think they can get away with whatever they want. And that girl has no remorse or sadness for the loss of her supposed friend.

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
Manslaughter is tough, but someone like that should serve for something. She is a destructive member of society. What she did is about as low as you can go.

Reactions: MrsE88

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
That chick is evil. I watched a show about the case. I agree she should do time.
but someone like that should serve for something. She is a destructive member of society. What she did is about as low as you can go.
Hello; I do agree with both of you that she is evil and a destructive member of society. Also she is a very morally low person. What I have an issue with is that she is convicted of a crime where she had no physical activity at all.
She did not supply any of the materials used in the event. She was not present in any way other than thru a text. The "victim" did all the acts on his own without any help. I see this as a brand new chapter for our legal system and not a good one.
I get that you do not like her nor her actions, but prison for sending a text???? No I do not go along with that.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hello; I do agree with both of you that she is evil and a destructive member of society. Also she is a very morally low person. What I have an issue with is that she is convicted of a crime where she had no physical activity at all.
She did not supply any of the materials used in the event. She was not present in any way other than thru a text. The "victim" did all the acts on his own without any help. I see this as a brand new chapter for our legal system and not a good one.
I get that you do not like her nor her actions, but prison for sending a text???? No I do not go along with that.
I get where you are coming from. It is in a class all on its own.
It’s just so disturbing because she has no remorse. And with no remorse there is nothing stopping her morally from doing this or something worse in the future.
I think tough, hard action was/is necessary to send a message to her and others that this is unacceptable. If you have nothing good to say then say nothing at all. She didn’t have to bully and belittle him till he finally gave in and sat in his car till he died. She chose to do that.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I dont know much about this but the article did say she suffers from depression as did the boy. Its a horrible story she may be evil but i agree with skj, very slippery slope. Even though it ls a bad example but in simpler form what happens in a lovers spat...one tells the other "go kill yourself" or " i wish you would die" could those be considered criminal acts ?
Im surprised they got manslaughter to stick. Normally this involved a physical action. Putting up a shotty building knowing its not to code. It collapsed, kills a few people...thats my understanding of the charge. Been awhile

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
I dont know much about this but the article did say she suffers from depression as did the boy. Its a horrible story she may be evil but i agree with skj, very slippery slope. Even though it ls a bad example but in simpler form what happens in a lovers spat...one tells the other "go kill yourself" or " i wish you would die" could those be considered criminal acts ?
Im surprised they got manslaughter to stick. Normally this involved a physical action. Putting up a shotty building knowing its not to code. It collapsed, kills a few people...thats my understanding of the charge. Been awhile
The difference here is that it wasn’t one, two, three, or even just four text saying go kill yourself. Or words to that effect. It was numerous calls and texts cutting him down and pressuring him to finally just do it. And it was over a period of time that she did this. Not just once because she was having a bad day.
So I believe that is where the line is drawn. It wasn’t a one time bad decision. It was multiple, calculated, and relentless messages.

Reactions: J. H.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
I get where you are coming from. It is in a class all on its own.
It’s just so disturbing because she has no remorse. And with no remorse there is nothing stopping her morally from doing this or something worse in the future.
I think tough, hard action was/is necessary to send a message to her and others that this is unacceptable. If you have nothing good to say then say nothing at all. She didn’t have to bully and belittle him till he finally gave in and sat in his car till he died. She chose to do that.
Hello; So she has some sort of Hannibal Lector type ability to "control" minds thru a text. My understanding is the guy came up with the notion of suicide one his own and evil as you consider her texts, she encouraged him to do so. I guarantee no one will text me into something I do not actually want to do.
My guess is she will never get another date after this even if some how released. That she may have her picture added to a dictionary or wickeopedia page next to the word "evil". I just do not see the "crime" she committed.

So I write to you to go jump in the lake and you do so. Where did your responsibility for your own actions stop?? Also do not think some aggressive prosecutor will never find a way to use this prescident in some other way.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
The difference here is that it wasn’t one, two, three, or even just four text saying go kill yourself. Or words to that effect. It was numerous calls and texts cutting him down and pressuring him to finally just do it. And it was over a period of time that she did this. Not just once because she was having a bad day.
So I believe that is where the line is drawn. It wasn’t a one time bad decision. It was multiple, calculated, and relentless messages.
Hello; So let me get this straight. If she had only texted him to off himself once you would be OK with that. It is just the repeated texts that cross the line?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store